AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Are you still looking for an EPAS kit for your car? I wasn't entirely certain whether you got something all set up for an EPAS swap, but I was cruising around Cortex's website when I saw that they offered a EPAS conversion kit for the 05-10 Mustangs. Might be something to ask them about if you need to figure something out.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I have a rack, just waiting for my Coyote alt, power harness, and K-member to show up. I have a 2014 rack, so I am nervous that it may default to a fault mode or something like that. Hopefully we'll see in a few weeks, the harness is on back order with an ETA of "lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" from Ford.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Are you going to sell your PS pump and bracket when you convert? If so I am interested in it for my swap.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Sure am! I'd like to sell the bracket kit complete, minus the AC bracket. So you'd get the alt bracket, PS bracket, belts, and tensioners.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Well feel free to shoot me some numbers for the brackets and such and the PS pump as well. I will need it for mine and this will be easy this way to just buy everything already together.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
It was determined that it wouldnt fit an f150 timing cover right?

Definitely not. The F150 timing cover is totally different. New timing covers are cheap, but if you're interested, I can sell you my modified timing cover and pick up a new one.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I have a rack, just waiting for my Coyote alt, power harness, and K-member to show up. I have a 2014 rack, so I am nervous that it may default to a fault mode or something like that. Hopefully we'll see in a few weeks, the harness is on back order with an ETA of "lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" from Ford.

Good news minus the ETA. Hopefully that will show up soon lol.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Our buddy Steve @ Tasca was able to track down a harness for me, so I'll be getting that ordered up when I get home. EPAS swap should be done in a week or two.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Im still trying to figure out what harnesses are truly needed to wire the engine and gauge in my fox. I am not using a control pack if I can save money with a stock ecu. I just need to know which harnesses are needed and I can strip them out and build it once I know.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The harness is coming in Thursday, I'll probably get cracking on the swap in a week or two.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
What is the impetus to getting rid of the PS pump - getting the alternator back where it belongs?

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
What is the impetus to getting rid of the PS pump - getting the alternator back where it belongs?

-I like the feel of EPAS compared to hydraulic
-The alternator goes back in the right spot
-More room on the front of the engine/rest of the engine bay
-Free up HP (I've seen claims of 10-15 RWHP from ditching the PS pump)
-I had to trim my engine cover to fit the catch can because it sits on the 3V alt, and it looks pretty bad
-Clean up the wiring harnesses
-Ditch the PS reservoir and all the lines
-Because I can!

And most importantly:

IT GIVES ME A REASON TO KEEP ANNOYING MANUEL!

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
And most importantly:

IT GIVES ME A REASON TO KEEP ANNOYING MANUEL!

This he's probably ready to shoot me after my engine build. but I've worked on convincing 3-4 people to use him in he last week or so. so maybe that helps ;)

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Do you by chance have your diagrams still for the wiring on a coyote harness? Im curious as to what harnesses ill need. I really only need engine and fuel to my knowledge.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Do you by chance have your diagrams still for the wiring on a coyote harness? Im curious as to what harnesses ill need. I really only need engine and fuel to my knowledge.

I have tons of pinouts and wiring diagrams, but I don't know what you would need for your fox. I would imagine along with the harness for the engine you would need:

-Speed sensor
-Front O2 sensors
-Accelerator pedal
-MAF
-Alternator

None of those are on the Coyote engine harness and run through the body harness, battery harness, or trans harness.

There are probably other things I'm forgetting. The whole swap was a blur, lots of days of 8 hrs work, then being in the garage from the time I went home to the time I went to bed, just to get a couple hours of sleep. I'll paw through some stuff tonight and see if I can dig up more info.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I think I chucked all my notes, but here is a link to the FRPP Coyote Pack instructions. It has some good pinouts and connector pictures in there.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/50196.pdf

Bear in mind, the FRPP UEGO wiring is backwards from the factory in that guide. I followed the OEM pinouts (did you get my email?) when I did my swap.

Last edited:
Back