Return vs returnless fuel system 4.0 to 5.0 Gen 3 Coyote

Scott88

Reaction score
Quick question for the group: is the 2005 4.0 a returnless or return style fuel system? The reason I ask is I've put a Gen 3 coyote in it; I barely know what I'm doing, but I know the 2018 donor car had a return style fuel system. I've installed the 2018 donor evap system and the fuel pump. Everything plugs in fine and I don't have any fuel connections without a mate front the 2005 4.0 chassis. However, several of the YouTubers who do the coyote swap say we need to change the fuel system to a return style. But seems to me like it already has a return style because there are two tubes and two connections running from the engine bay to the evap system in the rear.

Scott88

Reaction score
But in all the YouTube videos I found, it was always a 4.6 to a 5.0 Coyote; not V6 4.0 to the coyote.

Reaction score

Post #3. I purchased the hard line that juice mentions for my swap. Matt Soppa also has a video on YT where he actually shows you the part number. You cannot buy it new. I bought mine from someone parting out a 11-14.

The fuel line is mentioned like 10 min into the video and the part number is given about 13:30 into the video.

Matt has several videos that are very informative. I’m buying his harness because I want to keep my gen 1 computer for my 3-2-1. He’s also a member on this forum and I’m sure he’ll chime in with what he knows when he gets a chance.

Last edited:

mattjames

Reaction score
All Mustangs from 98+ are returnless, including the 4.0s, hope this helps!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back