Anti-Squat Brackets (aka LCA Relocation Brackets)

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased both the BMR and the CHE. The CHE were beefier and fit nicer. IMO they were better construction.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Man, are you in for a BIG surprise when you get those bars paralell!! It'll feel like you have slicks on the back when you're pulling out of the driveway! Have fun!
Well, I actually run drag radials on the street, so we'll see.

But frankly, I'm not concerned about traction on the street... my primary goal is reducing the squat on the launch at the track.

so having the LCA's parallel is the optimum setting?
i thought they should point slightly upwards (up front) so the car would plant the rear wheels down harder
I also think they would have to have some upward angle, otherwise the IC would be way out in front of the CG.

Wow, ok, that surprises me, I always tought that stock it would at least be parallel to the ground, over time I expect a spring to sag and may be that is what happened here don't know 1/4 to 1/2" seem a lot...well
I found this link, and I better understand why some guys launch very hard but spin down further down the track (too much anti squat)
http://www.hardcore50.com/technical_articles/LaunchingPart1.htm

I know nothing about drag racing, but for my setup (hot street, occasional auto cross & drag strip) , I wiil try to aim for a 100% or less IC.
The steeda bracket will give you 1 more hole for trial and error testing, good thing you choosed it.
Have fun
That's a good link too. And some of the angle change on my car may be due to running 28" tires also. I'll experiment with the angle/IC, and see what works best... but I suspect I'll end up somewhere slighty greater than 100% AS.

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
That's a good link too. And some of the angle change on my car may be due to running 28" tires also. I'll experiment with the angle/IC, and see what works best... but I suspect I'll end up somewhere slighty greater than 100% AS.[/quote]

Hey Don, I have been giving some toughts on the tire height affecting the LCA angle, well, it would not affect it, only the spring lenght either static (car at rest) or during launch (compression) determine the angle or if you add weight in the back (spring compress and increase angle).
It would be nice if somebody with a recent stock suspension GT would measure the height from the ground (level) to the center bolt of the forward & aft mounting points, I wish I had that info...
Also I was checking the installation instructions, I don't know if you did but be prepare to square the car before welding, ie; the brackets are installed with a bolt and spacer in the top hole and basically you have to make sure that the bracket is welded in the proper angle.
I would think that using the LCA would be good enough for proper positionning, but the instructions don't mention that, double check it, may be I misread...

G.T

Reaction score
okay.. i got my TCA019 BMR non adjustable LCAs, and CAB005 LCA Relocation brackets.
it was a pain to install as i didn't have a platform lift to keep the suspension loaded.. but i finally got everything in, and managed to put the car back on the ground and went underneath to torque all the bolts down to spec.
i hope that would get everythign aligned the way it should be (it seems so)
i've went up to 120mph with it.. all good, no rattles, no squeeks.
best of all.. no more ducking (although it feels as though one side goes higher than the other during takeoff.. not sure if it's a limited slip diff thing, or an alignment problem somewhere)

traction is a million times better!
my tires still break loose on 1st gear, but i can time it right and have a beautiful launch :)

p.s: i've used the upper mounting holes on the relocation brackets so i still have the lower one for a more agressive setup.. not sure if i should try that one though.

finally.. i couldn't find a way to grease the bushings properly :(
i have the BMR silicon grease packets, but no way to apply it through those nozzles on the bushings. so i've applied it on the surface of the bushings.
any tips would be appreciated

rocket88

Reaction score
That's what it's for, for the surface, to help you ummm, slide it in. You'll want to get a grease gun or your bushings will look like this soon.

Attachments

• CIMG1021.JPG
    CIMG1021.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 47

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's what it's for, for the surface, to help you ummm, slide it in. You'll want to get a grease gun or your bushings will look like this soon.
I read in a thread that the bushings shuld be greased once a year...my car's a DD, is that frequency applicable, or should it happen more often? I only have a week on them (BMR rear sway bars)....and lubed them with silicin grease....

G.T

Reaction score

how exactly does a grease gun look? does it have a flexible nozzle to reach through the tight areas like the front bushing of the LCA?

Putting jackstands under the axle housing will keep the suspension loaded.

it was the weekend and i was doing it at my friend's shop..
all of his 8 jack stands where in use, and it would have been a bigger pain to remove them (as all the cars on them had no suspension/wheels, etc)

anyway, now a day later, i'm starting to wonder whether i should try relocating the LCAs to the lowest point available on the bracket and see if that helps with the launch traction even more :)

don_w

Reaction score
anyway, now a day later, i'm starting to wonder whether i should try relocating the LCAs to the lowest point available on the bracket and see if that helps with the launch traction even more :)
It might... but then again it also might move the instant center too far back, which could hamper weight transfer. I just plan on experimenting at the track and see which position works best. Eventually, I'll get it dialed in right.

rocket88

Reaction score
how exactly does a grease gun look? does it have a flexible nozzle to reach through the tight areas like the front bushing of the LCA?

Like this

GreaseGun.jpg

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don FYI I measure the height of the LCA bolts on my stock suspension (other than a BMR rear sway bar) with OEM wheels/tires, (measuring at the center of the bolt) and the rear bolt is 3/16" higher that the front....which would mean the straight line through those points and the straight line of the UCA probably intersect way in front of the car somewhere...if at all...

rog06gt

Mash it!!!
Reaction score
Don FYI I measure the height of the LCA bolts on my stock suspension (other than a BMR rear sway bar) with OEM wheels/tires, (measuring at the center of the bolt) and the rear bolt is 3/16" higher that the front....which would mean the straight line through those points and the straight line of the UCA probably intersect way in front of the car somewhere...if at all...

Thanks for that, i was looking for a confirmation, indeed it will intersect way way forward in the ground somewhere LOL!

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don,

Mine were pointing down too after I lowered the car. Wheelhop was insane after putting on the KB so I went with this rpmoutlet setup:
http://rpmoutlet.com/05gtrear.htm

My LCAs are now parallel to the ground and wheel hop all but eliminated. A really good buy since the billet LCAs come with BMR relocation brackets (welded on), all for $200. Of course it's a crapshoot dealing with rpmoutlet, but they've always made things right by me.....eventually. :thumb:

Exactly the same situation I had... the LCAs pointed down.

Last edited:

don_w

Reaction score
Don,

Mine were pointing down too after I lowered the car. Wheelhop was insane after putting on the KB so I went with this rpmoutlet setup:
http://rpmoutlet.com/05gtrear.htm

My LCAs are now parallel to the ground and wheel hop all but eliminated. A really good buy since the billet LCAs come with BMR relocation brackets (welded on), all for $200. Of course it's a crapshoot dealing with rpmoutlet, but they've always made things right by me.....eventually. :thumb:
First of all, welcome to S197Forum!! :beer: Good to see you here!

I already had BMR LCAs that I bought last year, so all I needed were the relo brackets. I bought the Steeda's because of the extra adjustment points they provide. They are welded on the car now... which I'll be picking up tomorrow afternoon. So, I'll get a chance to test them (and the new TC) on Friday at the track. :onfire:

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad to be here! :rock:

First of all, welcome to S197Forum!! :beer: Good to see you here!

I already had BMR LCAs that I bought last year, so all I needed were the relo brackets. I bought the Steeda's because of the extra adjustment points they provide. They are welded on the car now... which I'll be picking up tomorrow afternoon. So, I'll get a chance to test them (and the new TC) on Friday at the track. :onfire:

Rodeoflyer

forum member
Reaction score
Just a tip on going agressive on the brackets.

If you go too far traction will be great but you can encounter wheel hop under heavy braking. On an 1/8th course it's prob not a major issue, but whoaing her down at speed might give someone a bit of a surprise lol.

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
My car sinks pretty far on hard accel. so after reading this thread, it seems I need to spend some more money...

I'm running a 20" wheel with 295's, will the anti squat make me hook better or worse with street tires? Right now it will spin through 1st, 2nd and a lot of 3rd...:tdown:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back