Any ideas , help greatly appreciated McLeod RST clutch problem

Travis Leland

Reaction score
Sorry for the novel but I think it will help. I have a 2014 mmr1000 twin Turbo Coyote with a calimer 6 speed McLeod RST. Wilwoood/ reservoir Still sorting the car out, suspension wise snapped the axle shafts right off so i only have a few hundred miles if that on build for seat time and here we go again.. So here is what happened yesterday. Rounding a corner through a light down shifting to second the clutch pedal gave some resistance pushing it in for a split second definitely hard and short in pressure. After that completely normal, siting in stop and go Phoenix traffic for close to an hour no issue. Shifting more times than anyone should 100 degree heat no issues.. Towards my destination, same scenario downshifting into 2nd through a right turn, into my destination hard pedal. I backed into a spot and the clutch/car began squeeling when I pressed the clutch. This isn't a squeek it sounded like a bad serpentine belt right before it snaps loud enough that my friend heard it inside. Never heard a clutch make this noise. The moment you're toe taps pedal to the touch instant screaming, and instantly goes away by not touching the pedal. After I shut it off and checked everything I could visually, saw, smelt nothing, I started it hour or so later doing the same thing, odd as it sounds everything felt fine so attempted to push through the screaming for first gear and reved the engine slightly as I pushed in the clutch went away completely. Drove the car around shifting perfectly, no noise than all of sudden went to push the clutch and it vacuumed to the floor still allowed the gear change I had to use my toe to pull the clutch off the floor it had no pressure coming up than was normal as I downshifted trying to get off the road out of traffic, than as I came to a stop pedal sucked to the floor . Called for a tow home from there. If anyone made it through all that and is still here with any ideas where to start.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I see a trans removal in your future. Since it is all new shit in there, at minimum you have a slave cylinder issue, so out comes the trans for that. Than you can inspect the clutch for anything abnormal.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Unfortunately Juice is right. It does sound like you have a problem with either the clutch master or slave cylinder, but the squealing sound when you lightly depress the clutch pedal also suggests a problem with the pilot bearing.

Gray5OH

Reaction score
I third juice. Almost sounds like a smoked throw out bearing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back