Any point to 70/30 and Eibach drag springs on street tires?

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
So I am thinking of ditching my Eibach pro-system (which handles so nicely, but kills weight transfer) for the lakewood 70/30 F 50/50 R setup, and going to Eibach drag launch springs.

But I am going to be on 285/40/18 Nitto 555s, not drag radials.

Is there ANY point, whatsoever to doing this suspension without drag radials or better?

PLEASE FOR NOW DONT JUST SAY "JUST GET DRAG RADIALS" I am trying to determine if this suspension would still benefit a car on 285 width 555 street tires.

I would think the weight transfer would help ANY tire, but is the tire not sticky enough that even the suspension wont help it?

Mods on the car power wise are

JLT CAI/GT500tb/FRPP intake manifold/Hot Rod cams/JBA long tubes/EWP/4.10s/no front swaybar+steeda lw radiator brace

Its automatic, and its a heavy ass convertible.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone? I was thinking about pulling my pro-system off this weekend if the Lakewood/drag launch spring setup is worth doing.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
In my mind yes. A drag setup is always going to be better for drag racing than a regular handling package.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
That is sort of what I was thinking, but so many people tend to be like "oh that is pointless without drag radials" when I ask about anything related to weight transfer.

I wonder how much shipping my shocks/struts/springs would be if I sell them to someone where..

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
How do 70/30s handle??? I might have my current setup sold so I am almost ready to buy them

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
They handle ok. Are the ones your looking at adjustable from 70/30-90/10 or non-adjustable?

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
The suspension should help but just a little input about the nitto 555 non radial when I went from my stock tire to those they hooked a lot better on the street but at the track cut a .5sec slower 60' all day long no matter what I tried they don't have enough sidewall so they don't squat well I hated those tires

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
There is no way a 285 width 555 wont stick better than my 235/50/18 oem all seasons. A block of ice covered in grease has more grip than these tires.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
He also has 4.10 gears. Gears help more in the first 60' than any where else on the track.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm that's very weird. Ohfivegt do you slip the clutch from above 4500 to launch?

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
I slip the clutch always and I tried everything possible I ran a consistant 13.2 all day long with horrible 60' non stop. A bunch of older guys at the track were telling me that's what will happen when runnin such a low profile tire and trying to launch on it the car has no where to squat so it doesn't grab as well.

Davenow

forum member
Reaction score
But other people have improved their 60ft with them. And others are pulling 1.8s and such.

But with not all cars and tracks being the same, its tough to compare.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Wait a second how did you only run 13.2@109 with a 1.7 60ft? Today I ran [email protected] with a 2.13 60ft on street tires. I'm thinking their 60' clock is off a few feet.

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
The car dies up top 1st and 2nd pull extremely hard then 3rd I have a huge lag until it hits the right rpm same goes for 4th. I changed the tires to 28inch diameter to help my gearing I'm hoping for less drop off between shifts now. At that time I also had just learned to drive stick and wasn't really ripping gears as hard as I can now so I was probably a big factor in this as well. As the car sits now off the bottle I'm hoping to see a mid to low 12.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back