Anybody know if 2015 TPMS will work on a 2011?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
...or will have have to swap the ones off my 2011?

Thanks!

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
2015 TPMS is the new generation that supports the 4-corner info that can be displayed. I don't think that they will coordinate with the earlier system.

cheers
Ed

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
2015 TPMS is the new generation that supports the 4-corner info that can be displayed. I don't think that they will coordinate with the earlier system.

cheers
Ed

Damn, I was afraid of that. Guess there should be no issues swapping the sensors over from one set to the other set of wheels?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
As long as you keep each sensor in the same position as it was before you will be fine. If not, go by Discount Tire and they can program them. No need to spend $28 for the programming tool

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
As long as you keep each sensor in the same position as it was before you will be fine. If not, go by Discount Tire and they can program them. No need to spend $28 for the programming tool

Got ya, will have to go there anyway to get them to pop the beads and swap the sensors over. But I may just mark and toss them in my wife's truck, this way no worries about doofs working around my car. :rotflmao:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
TPMS is such a pain in the ass, is there not a way to disable it?

A piece of tape over the light on the dash LOL. :party36:

I hear ya, but I will have both sets of sensors, so I might as well get them to work right on my car.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I thought 11-14 are self learners and reprogramming isn't required?

I know when I got my wheels delivered (square setup with TPMS pre-installed), I threw them on the car and never got a warning light. Unless I got really lucky with placement, they are self learners.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I've just heard the 15 sensors give readouts per tire, unlike the 11 sensors, which will make them not work in an 11? Just trying to find out for sure, not sure who to ask to get a 100% definite answer. Worse comes to worse I can mount them up and see if I get a warning light, I would just rather not have to be putting wheels on and off and on and so on...

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I've just heard the 15 sensors give readouts per tire, unlike the 11 sensors, which will make them not work in an 11? Just trying to find out for sure, not sure who to ask to get a 100% definite answer. Worse comes to worse I can mount them up and see if I get a warning light, I would just rather not have to be putting wheels on and off and on and so on...

Yes, the 15s give tire PSI readout that is displayed in the cluster LCD screen.

As Steve said, they are not compatible.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
TPMS is such a pain in the ass,
It's really not.

Besides the "safety" and "legal" aspects, the tires we run on these cars are expensive as hell. It's nice to have some notice that a tire is low before you actually destroy it by driving on it.

Also, not having jankety shit like TPMS sensors in a PVC pipe, or unplugging a dash light, is appealing to some of us.

A set of four new OEM Ford TPMS sensors is $70 (p/n DE8T-1A180-AA)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-Ge...-AA-/331222293001?hash=item4d1e631a09&vxp=mtr

They used to be $60! Here's the ad I bought them from. You could probably still find them this cheap if you hunt a little more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-FORD-LINCOLN-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-SENSOR-SET-4-DE8T-1A180-AA-/151021780024?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2329997c38&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=gEi88daHIZuQHAtMckcRtoyhwws%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Way cheaper than a tire. Just sayin'

claudermilk

Reaction score
It's really not.

Besides the "safety" and "legal" aspects, the tires we run on these cars are expensive as hell. It's nice to have some notice that a tire is low before you actually destroy it by driving on it.

This. They stopped me from driving on a flat recently. Catching it before leaving the driveway meant I could swap to the track day wheels/tires & only be ~20 mins late instead of the tire coming apart at speed somewhere down the road & who know how much time & expense. The low profile tires are not obvious when they are flat (especially at o'dark early heading to work & not completely awake yet).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back