Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Turns out removing the kick panel aids in getting the cover off. That'd be tons of fun on the side of the road....

Took everything apart again, including the two plastic covers on the top and bottom of the steering column. At some point, a dime-sized round bushing of some sort ended up in the floor. No idea where it came from, but I'm fairly certain that was my culprit. I don't hear anything when going lock-to-lock on the wheel.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Just had the 14B09 recall completed. First service writer said an hour so I could wait. Arrived at the dealer at 0630 with a pre-scheduled appointment. At 0930 I went to find service writer #1 and couldn't, service writer #2 said they were swamped and wouldn't get to the vehicle until after lunch. Called the Mrs. to come pick me up. Dealer called back at 1500 saying they just finished and have two recommendations to go over when I arrive.

They bring the car around and point out the clutch noise, which I know about and tell them it's the throw-out bearing. The service writer said that is what the noise is and they recommend replacing the throw-out bearing and he's taken the time to add the quote to the paperwork, $2365.00 :omfg: He also said the rear wheels need to be balanced and they would comp that with the throw-out bearing work. I ask how they can determine the wheels need balanced since they only put 0.2 miles on the car?

$2365 for a throw-out bearing? This is why I do all my own work and have invested in the tools and lifts over the years.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
The service writer said that is what the noise is and they recommend replacing the throw-out bearing and he's taken the time to add the quote to the paperwork, $2365.00 :omfg: .

Yeah but when you factor in the cost of the paper it looks pretty competitive.:helpme: Sometimes I actually feel sorry for the ones who can't turn wrenches. Crap, I wish I had a lift..

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The service writer just has to keep throwing out the bait and at the end of the day he will get some bites. He doesn't have to catch every one. There's enough people with no clue about cars that a surprising number will trust him simply because he's 'the dealer'.

My car will never see the inside of a dealership for anything, including factory recalls. I've been jacked around so badly by my local dealers that I will pay my trusted mechanic to do any recall work rather than get it done for free at the dealership. I drove 750 miles to buy my last car in North Georgia and they won't ever see my car again, either.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Old thread revival!

So I finally got a letter to bring my 05 in for the "permanent" recall on this airbag problem. Great timing Ford! It's sitting in the shop with the fuel pump in need of replacement, I'm broke and have a major surgery coming up. Glad there's not a time limit on getting it repaired.

Sent from iPhone

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I received a letter in today's mail stating the parts will be available in the 4th quarter of this year. Yours stated parts are available now?

rlma84

Reaction score
I received a letter in today's mail stating the parts will be available in the 4th quarter of this year. Yours stated parts are available now?
Same here a letter to tell me that I had received a previous letter and that I will receive a 3rd letter when parts available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Same here a letter to tell me that I had received a previous letter and that I will receive a 3rd letter when parts available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mine says parts are now available for permanent repair.

Sent from iPhone

JimC

Reaction score
Depending upon your model year, the letter says when parts are expected. For 2013 and up it is 4th quarter. Older model years 2005 to 09 it says available now formost. Some say later based upon geography

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Recall 15S1 for the Air Bag on the Mustang parts are available now for 05-12 cars. 13-14 are still not available. If you are in the Ft Lauderdale area and need, let me know. I can gladly assist.

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
Had mine replaced this morning. Got the second letter two days ago, and called and made an appointment for this morning. They not only had the part, they had it installed and me out the door in about 35 minutes. Glad it's finally done!

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score

The above letter was for the '14

Received a letter today for the '05 and it's an update on open recall 15S21 with a status of "12 - Recall Incomplete. Remedy not yet available", with no mention of when parts will be available.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yep, I bought my '13 new and I haven't heard a word from Ford (unless they sent me something in the mail and my wife threw it out..it happens). If it hadn't been for this thread and the news, I would know nothing about this recall. I just hope that I don't get the opportunity to test out the airbag before I can get the recall service done. :omfg:

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I've got an '11 that I purchased brand new, and I've only received the first letter months ago.

I received my first letter stating I needed the recall done like 3 months ago. Just got the letter that states ... we have the parts and are ready ... yesterday.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I might call my "service" dealer and find out if they know anything. Their service department is ON TOP of things. (LOL, I use one dealer for buying cars, another for buying parts, and a third for service.)

Grimlock

forum member
Reaction score
For those that have had the work done this week, what's the process?

Were you pretty much able to keep an eye on the car the whole time? Last time my car was at the dealer, it came back "washed" and I wasn't happy.

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
For those that have had the work done this week, what's the process?

Were you pretty much able to keep an eye on the car the whole time?

Technically, no. They drove mine out of the service bay back to just outside one of the shop doors. I'm assuming they had a tech dedicated to doing nothing but the airbag recall (poor guy). He changed the part in the parking lot just outside the door. The only reason I know this is because I was wandering around outside instead of sitting in the waiting room.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back