Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Legally the car should not be delivered with a Pending Safety Recall.

Yep, I get that, but they shouldn't be selling them either. Especially without telling the customer about the recall or that he couldn't take delivery. Probably not legal.

I brought mine in to Ford today to have it replaced. They told me there is another revision for the one that they are installing so when that is available I can come back to replace it but I had to have the original replaced in the mean time.

So they had the part for the original recall?

Sent from iPhone

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, I get that, but they shouldn't be selling them either. Especially without telling the customer about the recall or that he couldn't take delivery. Probably not legal.

Sent from iPhone

Yes they did. He printed out the bulletin for me in the revision. I'll post it up in the morning.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
So is the one they are putting in the first set of parts or the second? Takata needing to replace the replacement made news a few months ago, and I'm not sure if they had sent out the 2nd replacements. It would suck if they had to send out a 3rd set of replacements.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
From what my last bulletin said when I received it was that there was a 2nd recall but to go ahead and have the first one done. I contacted the dealer and they told me the same because it could be quite some time before they get the parts for the 2nd recall. However they did not have the part for the 1st recall. lose

Sent from iPhone

zenkem

Reaction score
So is the one they are putting in the first set of parts or the second? Takata needing to replace the replacement made news a few months ago, and I'm not sure if they had sent out the 2nd replacements. It would suck if they had to send out a 3rd set of replacements.

Not sure if it's true but I heard Ford was going with a different manufacture and they needed to retool so it could take until after the New Year...

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
A VIN check indicates i'm eligible for this recall.

How important is it to get done?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
The current replacements aren't any better than what is in there from the factory. I would wait until 2nd set starts coming out, if it ever does.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I can tell you that the parts are starting to come in. I have 22 lot cars to get done so we can sell them. After that we go to customer cars

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

Sent from iPhone

Auto Nation is not. We have 22 Dead Cars available that we can't sell until the Recalls are completed.

zenkem

Reaction score
Seen this on another Forum from a member who has OFFICIAL FORD REP. on thier Avatar/signature:

As per the latest information, parts will be available beginning Q2 2016, Please stay in contact with your Ford Dealer.

This does not make me happy!!!

duststang

forum member
Reaction score
Dang it I am on the list. how long do you have to get the recall done before they stop offering it?

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I had mine done yesterday, got a notice in the mail a week or so ago to schedule an appointment. Took them an hour. And now I have a screw rattling around in the steering wheel, I didn't notice it until last night. Anyone know how the steering wheel center comes off? I want to peek in there and see what's loose, rather than wasting another morning at the dealership...

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I had mine done yesterday, got a notice in the mail a week or so ago to schedule an appointment. Took them an hour. And now I have a screw rattling around in the steering wheel, I didn't notice it until last night. Anyone know how the steering wheel center comes off? I want to peek in there and see what's loose, rather than wasting another morning at the dealership...

It's likely the two screws on the side of the wheel.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=489&viewfile=Driver Air Bag Module.pdf

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Well both bolts were there, so that wasn't the culprit. I took the center assembly out and didn't see anything loose. Fun side note - the steering wheel actually locked on me pulling in the driveway. There is definitely something loose, somewhere.

Also - how do you get the SJB fuse cover off? I couldn't get to the fuses.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back