Anyone into metal detecting?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
These last two weeks, I've been out metal detecting with a Garrett AT Pro I picked up for cheap. Been on the beaches doing a lot of swinging and while I haven't found anything of impressive value yet, I am having fun and getting outside a lot.

Just wondering if anyone else is into this?

bigriff85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about it getting into it too my lake behind my house is about dried up always wonder around out there and find old props and anchors ...

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
Its fun getting out and doing some swinging. But those detectors can add up quick.

RichardSATX

Roush On!
Reaction score
I've been doing it since the 70's. Love it! Mostly do coin shooting, some relic hunting, and once in a while I hit a beach. My wife detects too and is good at it! We plan some trips around detecting good locations.

Some eye candy

Pile.jpg

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Me the wife and kids started it last year. Havent found anything super impressive but dont really have anywhere special to do it. We went to over 100 different play grounds with the kids last summer before they went back to school Thought it would be neat for them an we detected while they played. Found several hundred bucks in change but in reality it costed more in gas then we found. I did find 2 silver dimes and a bunch of wheat pennies though.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of this since I was a kid, my parents gave me a starter MD when I was around 8 y.o., I played with it in a private beach we had as part of a ranch in north of Verecruz state, didn't got anything special since it wasn't a public beach but hey, at 8 y.o. just the idea was spectacular lol

Now that I can get my hands with a nice MD I might get one since my hometown has a beach (Tampico), and there has been tourists here since late 1800's, infact in the holy week the beach is packed with as much as 300k turists ... mmmmm there must be something left behind in all this years!

I've been looking tons of videos over youtube and I think the Garrett 350 AKA EuroAce is a good starting point. $290ish @ Amazon.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've been lagging in the MD department the last few months due to my health. However, I'm gonna get back out there here soon! Lots of beaches for me to hit around where I live. Panama City Beach is 12 miles down the road.

I have found some stuff since starting this thread. A few gold and silver rings and necklaces. Found some early 1900's coins at a couple of parks. I find more silver than anything though. But my finds have easily paid off my detector and accessories.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I've thought aout it and I know there is confederate buttons and such to be found around here but just don't have the time or money to really bother......plus, I know it's really hit or miss.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I've been lagging in the MD department the last few months due to my health. However, I'm gonna get back out there here soon! Lots of beaches for me to hit around where I live. Panama City Beach is 12 miles down the road.

I have found some stuff since starting this thread. A few gold and silver rings and necklaces. Found some early 1900's coins at a couple of parks. I find more silver than anything though. But my finds have easily paid off my detector and accessories.

Hope you get well soon! Lost and hidden items are going no where anyway, so health is first !

I've thought aout it and I know there is confederate buttons and such to be found around here but just don't have the time or money to really bother......plus, I know it's really hit or miss.

Well its just a hobby & a way to consume some time, kinda relaxing too, nice get away from the day-to-day routine.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone in Florida finds Spanish Dabloons on the beach I accidentally dropped them on various beaches :D

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a lot of fun! But I love in the middle of Texas.. No beaches or anything, unless you count the lake beaches, would it be worth getting into? I don't expect to find a hidden treasure chest but necklaces and rings and stuff would be pretty sweet to find!

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
This sounds like a lot of fun! But I love in the middle of Texas.. No beaches or anything, unless you count the lake beaches, would it be worth getting into? I don't expect to find a hidden treasure chest but necklaces and rings and stuff would be pretty sweet to find!

any site with tourists and visitors is good to go

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I want to get into this, always been interested. Just need some money to get started. If anybody finds any deals, post a link, If you don't mind. Thanks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back