Anyone run them rc's here?

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
Actually, I started with the electrics but then switched to fuel because my planes are fuel powered and had more experience with these fiesty little engines.
I like planes better than the car. I feel that their motors are not as temperamental and easy to dial in. I always have trouble getting the right air/fuel/brake ratio in my cars. Plus planes are not limited by anything like cars are on the ground.

ModularGT

Reaction score
Another savage owner here. I used to be huge into RC racing. Was racing touring cars and 12th scale 3 times a week. Eventually got out after counting how much I was spending in a month. Tried bashing the savage after quiting racing, but just didn't seem fun to me anymore. I bought a Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy for trying offroad racing this year. However, between the car, MTB, golf and racing, it could be an expensive summer

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
I few RC planes for years, since about 1972 and you only had about 8 freq's. to choose from unless you got in the CB band which was a bad thing for the planes and the co-channel interference.

Last few years been into the heli's, Now your talking about a fucking handful to fly, I only crash about every forth flight now....LOL

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I grew up around RC planes. My grandfather was building/flying since before I was born. He was one of the top builders in MN actually, even won some awards. When he couldn't physically do "The Hobby" anymore, it just crushed him...

mmiller40

Reaction score
I got an OFNA Monster Pirate about 7 years old. Seems like I break stuff way too easy.

I like the mini blower.. What do they run?

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
I was into this as a kid, and just this week decided to get back into it!

I have a Traxxas E-Maxx in the mail right now - should have it next week!

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
I have two E-maxx trucks. I usually only pull them out when my Niece is up here visiting. I'm thinking about getting a nitro truck.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My birthday's coming up...

lhpid52.jpg

01.jpg

HPI RS4 3 Evo

suprchrgd

forum member
Reaction score
anyone still doing this? I just got mine running again for my boy. new bumpers and wheels. lots of upgrades including the 3.3 engine. she def gets down! actually thinking bout buying another one so we can run them together.
2012-08-31181044.jpg

2012-08-31180803.jpg

2012-08-31180748.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I run my stuff like every other day.
Just got a brushless buggy project finished lol..

2mxgwn5.png

gps backup...
29q12d0.jpg

I'm into high speed runs, new to brushless but almost 100 ;)
Nice truck that's one thing I never had a monster truck, gotta get me one!

Last edited:

suprchrgd

forum member
Reaction score
wow, that's getting it! i need to clock mine sometime. mine should run around 45-50 which is plenty fast with these size of tires and my 12 yr old son driving it...lol

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea 50 is definitely fast as hell with these little cars, 70+ is just dangerous :roflmao:

StangGTR07

Reaction score
Always wanted a nitro RC, but ended up buying mini slash 4x4 last year... LIPO :)

photo2.JPG

Not a great video, trying to drive and video at the same time. Dirt pit makes for some good times until my brother broke an axle shaft on his slash. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW5n9GOUEMM

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
R/C guy here. Electrics only for me though. Right now there's an RC10 B4 sitting on the floor beside me. Old RS4 Sport in the attic along with a Compsite Craft Lynx II.

Been playing with R/C cars/trucks for many many years.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I still have my old Yokomo Super Dogfighter 2 Special. I took it out out the local track on race day and was faster than most 1/8 nitro drives until my pack died. A lot of these younger kids could benefit from learning on 2wd electrics like I did back in the day. They don't seem to have any kind of throttle control. Just full gas or hit you to stop!

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 Traxxas Slash's for my son and I for xmas. Looking forward to father/son time racing on the weekends.

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
I've wanted to get into them just haven't I guess like any other hobby it costs to much money lol I already have three expensive hobbies including this one

Sent from your moms phone

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a few I've built over the past few years:

CAP 232:
Cap%20232%20Build_%20083-L.jpg

Gee Bee Z:
GeeBeeZ%20161-L.jpg

F-14 Tomcat:
tomcatbuild%20174-L.jpg

F-4 Phantom:
Phantom%20369-L.jpg

Waco YMF:
D10_3841-L.jpg

My Waco made the cover of the Nov. 2010 issue of Flying Models Magazine:

Cover_FlyingModels_large.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back