are '12 and '13 suspensions the same? mine don't seem to be...

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Stiffness alone doesn't delegate the ride height. You have to take into account the length of the spring AS WELL AS the stiffness. How do you not get that?

Are you brain dead or just being a pain in the ass?
i do get that, its common sense

i just dont get how an engineer doesn't understand that a stiffer spring will not sag as much as a softer spring when supporting weight

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
i do get that, its common sense

i just dont get how an engineer doesn't understand that a stiffer spring will not sag as much as a softer spring when supporting weight

Where the fuck did you get that from? I never said anything about not understanding how a softer spring compresses further under an identical load as a stiffer spring. You're pulling assumptions out of your ass to try to make me look unintelligent and mask your own short comings in reading comprehension.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Where the fuck did you get that from? I never said anything about not understanding how a softer spring compresses further under an identical load as a stiffer spring. You're pulling assumptions out of your ass to try to make me look unintelligent and mask your own short comings in reading comprehension.

Alone. That means by itself.

"Spring rate alone will not delegate ride height"

Now

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=alone&o=0&l=dir

Its not hard to see

Last edited:

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
The spring rate by itself does not determine the vehicles ride height. That is a correct statement. The springs length also plays into determining the ride height of the vehicle. Yes, I know what alone means, thank you for showing me how to find the definition of a word via the internet. Sadly, the internet cannot provide the skills necessary to comprehend a SIMPLE sentence. Your teachers have failed you. For that I am sorry.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
What the fuck is your deal bro? Seriously fuck off. You're wrong, just face it.

You said spring rate by itself will not affect ride height. Then you later said it would...

One of your statments is wrong. No need to get mad.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
You said spring rate by itself will not affect ride height. Then you later said it would...

One of your statements is wrong. No need to get mad.

Show me, in a quote, where I said that Spring rate by itself will not affect ride height and then again, in a quote, where I said that it would by itself affect ride height.

You can't.

Spring rate and spring length together determine your ride height. Having a spring rate with an unknown length means you can't determine your ride height and the same for knowing a spring length without a spring rate, you can't determine the ride height of the car.

Look guy, I don't really know you and I'm sure you're an awesome dude but you're making yourself look very unintelligent.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Stiffness of springs alone will not delegate ride height. Length of spring will also have to be taken into account. What little bit if weight that would be added from leather vs cloth and upgraded stereo I highly doubt that being the reason to have a seperate spring manufactured.

This

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Yes jack ass it means the stiffness of the springs, by itself, will not control ride height. No where in that sentence did I say that the spring length remained the same you inferred it. Amateur.

Once again

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
I wanna know where throughout this thread I said that the springs in comparison were the same length? I didn't.

What I was saying was that you can't just look at the different spring rates between the two springs to have the same ride height. And most lowering springs have stiffer spring rates but are shorter. The spring rate is greater and the ride height is lower because the spring is a shorter spring. The spring rate, however, does also play into that lowered ride height. A shortened spring with the softer stiffness will sit lower than a spring of same length with a stiffer K value.

And I love how you guys try to tell me what kind of mechanical engineer I am over complicating things. I guess I must have some stalkers or something.
And here you change it up

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Here then, you tell me what you're interpret this to mean

" it means the stiffness of the springs, by itself, will not control ride height"

And then interpret what you think this means

"The spring rate, however, does also play into that lowered ride height."

You're telling me I'm the one over complicating things....

Jesus Christ.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
You see the "by itself" insertion in the middle of the first line. That means that if you look only at the stiffness of the spring and not the length of the spring you cannot determine the cars ride height. You need the length of spring when it isn't loaded to determine the ride height.

How are you not understanding what I'm saying? Seriously....

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
And for the record a stiffer spring of the same lenght will change the ride height
Just as a longer spring of the same spring rate will also change ride height

NO SHIT!!! lol

I just hate dealing with stupid people. I'm not mad really I just use flowery language a lot. I mean no offense. :beer:
Also here you agreed with me that a stiffer spring of equal length will change ride height

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back