Are people still "Anti-BAMA" (tunes)?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought my SCT X3 from Bama right before Doug had his big family event that torpedoed his business. Then he wound up in with AM.

Man, time flies.

Justin has been cutting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPzNJktrOZ8

BMR stuff isn't tactical. Vaughn has not been cutting.

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Ran a Bama tune for years from back when Doug was involved. Never received a Bama tune after that with as much power and as smooth, even after a number of revisions. The "hybrid race" one I have from circa 2013 couldn't hold a candle to my Street tune circa ~2010. Finally decided to go back to VMP (whom I had on my previous Mustang) and it was perfect the first time. Got the new V2 tunes just for comparison and the car wouldn't idle right. Got a revision and while it idled and drove fine, the accelerator response on blipping the throttle (like to downshift) was practically non-existent.
Replaced my JLT gen 1 with a JLT gen 3 and ordered a new VMP tune and new V2 tunes. VMP was even stronger than before. V2 gave same lazy throttle blipping input. I was only getting them to have a 91 in case I can't find 93 but I think I'll just order a 91 octane version of my tune from Justin in case that happens.

So I'm not anti-Bama, but my VMP tunes have never needed revisions unless I've changed something on the car.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Justin has about 6-7 employees. So it's still a small shop but he's currently shopping for a new location since he's been out of room for the last year.

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
Bama is cool but I dont like that they dont remote tune power adders or cams at all. Ive never has personal experience but was told they will not tune my coyote with cams. Ive had brenspeed, Lund, and AED. AED> Lund>Brenspeed in my opinion

JonT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't do races or go to the track every week, but my Bama tunes a running good. Have tunes for my nitrous and tunes for without nitrous. They are fun.

Jpw291

Reaction score
I am for sure... I had one of their turns in my 2v and it ran slower in the 1/4 mile and would randomly throw knock sensor codes with no symptoms of an actual knock. Took the tune off and never had another issue.... When I tune my Bullitt it would be either a dyno tune or Lund tune.

mike4.0

Reaction score
Call up Bama and ask for a linear throttle map, then. They're known for having a "light switch" throttle response to make their tunes seem faster. And you need linear response for proper control when autocrossing or road racing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

This! was driving me bonkers the past year! I thought something was wrong with my car lol

delz05

forum member
Reaction score
nothing like a custom tune on a dyno so that all parameters can be taken into account such as injectors, fuel pump effort, throttle body and such.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back