Attaching Fans to Heat Exchanger

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Would it be better to add fans to the HE or just add an icebox with the larger pump? I know dads and chiseled make some custom resovoirs. Im looking at the nice custom one from dads that goes in the spare tire location.

It depends, if you use your car on the highway or driving around an icebox may not be as beneficial, if you hit any stopping point, the fans can still pull air across the heat exchanger. However with an icebox once the ice melts welcome back the high IAT's. If you don't plan on racing the car then a larger box probably isn't worth it especially one in the trunk. Jim(crownaviation) has a pretty wicked setup, I believe he runs 2 pumps, the big AFCO HE. This is his trunk.

Attachments

• 2012-10-18234015.jpg
    2012-10-18234015.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 23

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
For a car driven on the street the first and foremost thing that needs attention on a blower car is a very good heat exchanger. If you just do a tank, once the water in it gets hot you won't be able to cool it back down. I'm actually trying to get away from my trunk tank and I have a pretty good one from Dad's with the Rule 2000 pump which works ok.

Get the biggest heat exchanger you can, good fan(s) on it and if you can make a shroud for the fans it will work even better. That is what I need to do with my new Edelbrock heat exchanger because without a shroud and some air damming it will actually pull the hot air from your radiator back through it.

rayS197

Reaction score
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-mustang-triple-pass-heat-exchanger.html

Steeda Triple Pass with Fans
555-3707.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back