Attention stereo wizards - need advice - Replacing head unit of Shaker 1000

Sarge720

Reaction score
I picked up a JVC KW-V66BT, got all the correct wiring harnesses for plug and play from Crutchfield, and I can't get both front door woofers to work.

The JVC has front and rear RCA outputs as well as a mono-pigtail subwoofer output.

The harness (Metra 70-5521) has a red and white RCA cable. I've tried plugging them both into the rear outputs, front outputs, one in the rear and one in the pigtail and either both woofers would not work simultaneously, or neither would work at all. Crutchfield then send me a Y connector so that both RCAs could be plugged into the mono-subwoofer pigtail. I tried that and I'm still getting no sound from the driver side woofer. Passenger side and the 10s in the trunk work.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about your specific radio but my Pioneer has a subwoofer setting that is either on or off. It took me some time to figure out why i wasn't getting sound because it was turned off, lol.

Edit, read your manual. Looks like you have to set up each speaker and subwoofer in the settings.

Last edited:

OctaneStreet

Reaction score
I recently installed my head unit as well and if I recall correctly, there was an additional step I would have had to take if I had the Shaker 1000 system. I can't remember what it was, if it was settings-based or purchasing an additional piece of hardware; but I know there was something extra needed. Maybe give it a quick google, the differences between shaker 500 and shaker 1000 a/m head unit installation.

I'm sorry if this is misinformation, and that I can't be of more help. I had to do a lot of research before tackling the install and I'm trying to go off memory; but a quick google search never hurts!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved, this is a tunes topic and not tech

Sarge720

Reaction score
I figured it out. Had to get an RCA y-adapter that was not part of the wiring package I originally got. Only problem, now my HVAC controls don't work or even light up SMH

wingedflyer

Reaction score
Get a mafisto setup. I still have the steering wheel functions and control of all the heater/a.c. Seat heaters, defrost all on the double din.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

OctaneStreet

Reaction score
I figured it out. Had to get an RCA y-adapter that was not part of the wiring package I originally got. Only problem, now my HVAC controls don't work or even light up SMH

Make sure you plugged your HVAC controls in properly, and more importantly push the tab on the back of the connector UP to lock it back in place. This happened to me as well because I forgot to push that tab back up locking the HVAC connector in place. It's the plug on the BOTTOM RIGHT of the center console if I recall correctly. Let me know if that works! Good luck

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back