Auto Door Unlock

Cokeologist

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2006 Premium coupe with 62,000 miles. When putting the car in drive, both doors auto-lock as expected. However, when arriving at my destination and putting the car into park, only the driver’s door auto unlocks; the passenger door remains locked and I have to manually unlock it to open the door. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to have both doors auto-unlock?

Cokeologist

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I don’t see anything there that may indicate why the pass side door successfully auto-locks when put into drive but does not auto-unlock when put into park like the drivers side door does. Did I miss something?

RoninGT

Reaction score
Apparently your not alone as a few folks have this question. It seems to work differently for auto vs manual transmission as well.

Cokeologist

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can you point me to the other threads where this issue is discussed? I searched but couldn’t find anything.

RoninGT

Reaction score

That may not be your exact issue but similar conversation. I would go thru the disable procedure and verify what if anything changes. Then enable the feature. If all doors are working as expected including cabin switches and fob (ruling out any other issues) then the feature may be working as designed.

Cokeologist

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, not my issue in that thread. The auto-unlock is not working as designed. Both doors should auto-unlock, not just driver door. I will try the disable / re-enable to see if that fixes, but would be interested if anyone else has thoughts.

VGMStudios

Reaction score
Of the 2 mustangs I've had a 07 V6 and a 06 GT both doors unlock and open when you pull the inside handle. Does yours do that? Though when putting the car into park they dont auto unlock. I have to push the button if a passenger wants to get in from the outside. Humm. Maybe there is a setting you can change using ForScan?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back