Back in a Mustang...again! Comp orange Boss 302 build!

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
You have a serious problem. I just wanted you to know.

I know, I know... :sigh1:

Bahahahaha!!!!!!!! No car will due!!

Gotta find the right one! Can't marry the first girl you date, right? :dunce:

Sorry to hear this, Abdulla. Can't wait to see the foster Shelby!

Thanks man! Going to make another thread shortly. Haha

Sad. Boss is my dream car right now too.

I have a z06, they are fun but I like my 5.0 better. Just a better all around car. If it is a track only toy the z06 rocks but for something to drive daily the mustang is much better.

I liked the Boss, but I really prefer something with better options. The Boss just needs so much to get to where a Shelby already is from the factory.

Dang, Abdulla has had more "dream cars" since I have been on this forum than I will have in my lifetime! I guess working in the car business has its perks!

Yes it does, indeed! :D

He has more dreams than an LSD trip!!!!! :thud:

Don't hate, at least mine leave the garage!

MAHHHHHHH MAN!

welcome to the club

:highfive:
Mine isn't quite as cool as yours, though I may have two Shelby's soon.

Why not fix the trans? Aren't you going to lose a lot of money on trade in? Just sounds silly to me... but what do I know. Just a broke 23 year old working at a factory for $19/hour =/ I want a boss or shelby!! =X

It's under warranty anyway, I never modded the car. I won't own another Boss, that's for sure. The Shelby is a much better car IMO. Plus the "new" Shelby is quite a bit cheaper, which leaves plenty of room for mod money, or even room to buy another car.
He is a dealer.....buys and sells cars on the regular. Id throw an auto in it and add some boost.

I thought about an auto, but I would just buy an auto GT if I wanted that.

Auto boss? James that even sounds crazy to me

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

This ^

It's just that a drag strip is not where the Boss 302 belongs. Just my .02... Abdulla pics of the new ride!!!

Here she is fellas:

And YES, I chose this body style on purpose. IMO it looks better than the 2010-2012, but it does lose the nicer interior.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Fantastic looking ride! I know you'll make it into something badass.

I personally enjoy the interior of the 05-09, it feels ratchet and raw. As far as the looks go... I love the booty of my 09.

Last edited:

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I thought you bought a different one from Capital.....?

I have that one coming this weekend. My brother has been talking about getting a Shelby, if he doesn't want that one, I'll keep both. :crazy:

Swap out the interior :D

I wish it was that easy! :yuck:

Fantastic looking ride! I know you'll make it into something badass.

I personally enjoy the interior of the 05-09, it feels ratchet and raw. As far as the looks go... I love the booty of my 09.

Thanks man! I've already got almost everything I need ordered, other than some small supporting mods and wheels(which I can't decide on).

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Shelby FTW. I test drove a 2010 with a VMP TVS, and fell in love! I would buy Shelby any day, If I could afford one, That is.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
How much are the 07-09 GT500s going for anyways these days? That'd be a pretty sweet car to own. 5.4 =)

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Shelby FTW. I test drove a 2010 with a VMP TVS, and fell in love! I would buy Shelby any day, If I could afford one, That is.

I love them too! This is number 3 Shelby for me!

How much are the 07-09 GT500s going for anyways these days? That'd be a pretty sweet car to own. 5.4 =)

Around here they go mid to high 30's.

Mid to high 20's for 07-09. Depending on mileage of course, maybe low 30's.

Nice new ride Abdulla. I think the first mod should be an orange wrap!

No wrap for this car! Why would I cover up that beautiful torch red?

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
For real! Love the Torch red.
I had a 03 GT in Torch, and it was sweet.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Just read the thread ... congrats on the Bos ... err, I mean Shelby! :)

Looking forward to the build-up on it ... so, what blower's going under the hood? 2.9L Whipple?

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the Shelby! I know you will turn it into something sick!

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Congrats! I'd go with the JPC single myself. Not sure if you saw the wicked boss they built with the twin qtp cutouts feeding the boss side dumps......nasty style! I'd speak with Eric on here about plans before you decide on anything. They can set you up with SC or their turbo kit. They have whatever option you want.

Another vote for a JPC single.

First off, I've bought from JPC twice now. Nothing earth-shattering, but I like the one-on-one personal service you get when you call. Eric has been great.

Secondly, the beauty of the Boss is its light weight. IF you go bolting on a giant supercharger, you are adding tons of weight.

A centri supercharger would be sweet, but then you get the cold weather issues and the parasitic loss of direct-drive.

The turbo...amazing efficiency, it is fairly unique, makes big power once spooled, docile down low, awesome whooshing sounds, cool BOV sounds, and LIGHT WEIGHT.

That would be my choice on a Boss. The turbo preserves its track-ready amazingness without getting fat and bloated.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back