Back to the strip

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
Headed back to Atlanta Dragway tomorrow night. Weather is a lot cooler, should make for better times.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
No vids. Made a boatload of runs but I can't break 13.1 yet. If I spin off the line my 60s are 2.1. If I don't spin my 60s are 2.1! Through the trap I am consistently 109mph, still in third gear, and still have 1000rpm til redline. If I push it into drive it still doesn't hit fourth.

Conclusions:
1. Drag radials will definitely help.
2. I'm thinking that a 3.15 rear axle may be a big limitation.

Other ideas?

Signed,

Frustrated.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Well it's an auto did you try bringing up on the convertor(stalling it up)? It would be much. Dr's for sure. And an aftermarket stall. Those together would drop your et's a ton.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
Yeah, started off that way, all I got was spin. Been launching from idle and it works about as well.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
I just had the Roush stage 2 put on, but that is all. Road course handling is great!

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. Next time try taking off your front sway bar while your there. It doesn't take very long and may get you into the 12's.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
No vids. Made a boatload of runs but I can't break 13.1 yet. If I spin off the line my 60s are 2.1. If I don't spin my 60s are 2.1! Through the trap I am consistently 109mph, still in third gear, and still have 1000rpm til redline. If I push it into drive it still doesn't hit fourth.

Conclusions:
1. Drag radials will definitely help.
2. I'm thinking that a 3.15 rear axle may be a big limitation.

Other ideas?

Signed,

Frustrated.
Are you shifting the car manually??? That's part of your problem. Let the computer shift it :beerdrink: I bet it picks up two tenths from that alone. Your sixty foot is helping either. Every tenth of a second off the sixty picks up two tenths off the big end.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
I was letting the auto shift but it was breaking loose on every shift. When I feathered the throttle get traction it would sometimes upshift again. That gave me a 13.6 or so. :(

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
If you dropped the car with the Roush parts you may need relocaton brackets. Look at the LCA's are they level or higher in the back.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back