Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why not send it to Spec for evaluation?

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why not send it to Spec for evaluation?

You mean Mcleod? That's not a bad idea- I already have a new clutch in, however, it would be nice to see what the manufacture has to say about this heavy paper weight I have laying around.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You mean Mcleod? That's not a bad idea- I already have a new clutch in, however, it would be nice to see what the manufacture has to say about this heavy paper weight I have laying around.

Or you could just give it to me and I can send it to McCloud and see if they can rebuild it. :evil:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL! How are the drag radials holding up? Have you had a chance to take them to the track?

LOL I bought the Brembo breaks from you and I have been gone most of the time since I got them so i haven't had a chance to test fit them with my current wheels or my steeda ones.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL I bought the Brembo breaks from you and I have been gone most of the time since I got them so i haven't had a chance to test fit them with my current wheels or my steeda ones.

:banginghead: That's right! LOL! I got ride of some drag radials for free around the same time.

yea, sorry McLeod

McLeod told me they could rebuild it for $570 bucks. So that is something for me to consider down the road.

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
Ask yourself honestly how you should approach this and any other transaction when buying used parts. You are relying on someone's opinon. Not an expert, not a manufacturer. You are buying used to save money at a risk of it not being right or failing prematurely. If you want 100% assurance and a money back guaranty then buy new. I think most people know that and I think you do to. This discussion is unless drama about actions with expected outcomes. Not unexpected.

Good luck with your future purchases. Chalk it up to you win some and you lose some. But you knew the game before you started.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ask yourself honestly how you should approach this and any other transaction when buying used parts. You are relying on someone's opinon. Not an expert, not a manufacturer. You are buying used to save money at a risk of it not being right or failing prematurely. If you want 100% assurance and a money back guaranty then buy new. I think most people know that and I think you do to. This discussion is unless drama about actions with expected outcomes. Not unexpected.

Good luck with your future purchases. Chalk it up to you win some and you lose some. But you knew the game before you started.

I'm assuming your talking to me. I feel like your arguing with me about something I don't competently disagree with you about. I agree 100% that we buy parts used to save money or to buy things you really can't afford new. We all understand there is more risk with buying used. With that being said, I try to reduce my risk munch as possible. I have sold a ton & purchase a ton from this forum & I love the fact that we watch each other backs. Having this forum, this thread & the I-rating system really reduces the risk imo on buying used parts. If your upset or think that I shouldn't of post this to make other buyers aware & to express my frustration with transaction- O well, too bad, I don't care.

Last edited:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score

No you're wrong. We expect people to be honorable and sell good shit not trash. Yeah it's a gamble but if we agree to the same rules, then this is a relatively safe bet. It's when some fucking dick comes along and lies and sells junk that it gets fucked up. You should be able to count on people's word.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brandon or wife Geralyn Klein
Crown Point, IN 46307, United States

He may have moved to NE.

Sold me a blown motor. He still has a polished whipple 2.3 to sell. Watch your ass. The whipple had a screw ran through it most likely.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Brandon or wife Geralyn Klein
Crown Point, IN 46307, United States

He may have moved to NE.

Sold me a blown motor. He still has a polished whipple 2.3 to sell. Watch your ass. The whipple had a screw ran through it most likely.

Edit original post and include User ID???
I have no clue who Brandon is.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
its from a purchase on SVT, just putting it out there in case he tries his shit here

Saleen194

Reaction score
Just bought a used axle back set of Magnaflow street mufflers from "Kylar". I was told they were less than a year old. Come to find out, after I received them, he only had them for about a month and the previous owner said they were less than a year old. The flow tubes are all distorted and the packing in the mufflers sounds like sand if you tilt them back and forth. I talked to a Magnaflow rep, and he said to get the receipt and he would send me a new set because they have a lifetime warranty. I contacted Kylar, and that's when I found out that he had bought them used. Lesson learned on my part. I just wish people could be honest about the condition of the parts theyre selling, instead of lying about it!! Oh well, just wanted to warn everybody

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good part is you now have a brand new set of mufflers from Magnaflow.:trophy:

no he doesn't - he cannot get the original receipt....

Just bought a used axle back set of Magnaflow street mufflers from "Kylar". I was told they were less than a year old. Come to find out, after I received them, he only had them for about a month and the previous owner said they were less than a year old. The flow tubes are all distorted and the packing in the mufflers sounds like sand if you tilt them back and forth. I talked to a Magnaflow rep, and he said to get the receipt and he would send me a new set because they have a lifetime warranty. I contacted Kylar, and that's when I found out that he had bought them used. Lesson learned on my part. I just wish people could be honest about the condition of the parts theyre selling, instead of lying about it!! Oh well, just wanted to warn everybody

When you contacted Kylar - what if anything was his solution?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

FWIW I once sold a set of very good condition GTA mufflers to someone who wasn't happy because there were loose parts floating around inside. They weren't loose when I sent them but somehow over the shipping process something broke up inside the cans. We sorted everything out. I'm mentioning this because they might of been in better condition when he shipped them. He might even be thinking that you are pulling something on him, that's what I thought when my buyer was talking about things that I knew weren't true. In the end I researched the subject and we were able to figure out what had happened.

Good luck in your resolution. Unless he said he was the original owner I can't see how him selling a used product could be an issue. Did you ask if he was the original owner?

Edit: Is this the ad in question? http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124832 Can you post pics of what you received?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back