Bama tuner - not many PIDs to select from?

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Playing with the Bama SCT X3 tuner that I just got today. I want to datalog stuff like 02 sensor voltage, LT/ST fuel trims, etc, but the PIDs for these things are not listed in the Datalog Setup page for my 2011 GT, nor for a couple other gasoline related lists that are shown in my tuner.

Does Bama only provide certain PIDs for datalogging on their tuners or what?

Last edited:

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
grab a laptop and download LiveLink Gen II. Datalog with that.

I was just coming back to post that I just did that, LOL. That works fine but I would prefer to do as much as I can with the handheld unit. Can I create a custom PID list for the handheld through Livelink or something?

87 octane 'street' tune looks ok as far as I can tell. Not sure how to interperet the knock sensor reading but it varies between -.373 and -1.123 during a full 3rd gear pull (3000-7300rpm). Spark is around 23 degrees but it has around 21 degrees through the torque peak. Commanded lambda is .844 at WOT and actual ranges from .83 to .85 throughout. WOT STFTs are .98-1.0.

I need to run out this tank of 87 (just went on a long weekend road trip) and try the 91P/93R tunes.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yes you can, pick your PIDs and save them as a file in livelink.
then in livelink click file and upload to device.
next time you datalog click the file you uploaded to it.

FiveLeeter

forum member
Reaction score
One thing I've found though is that the X3 tends to freeze when logging by itself. Always best to just toss the laptop in the car when logging, that way you can see curves and mutliple interfaces to be able to notice spikes and dips.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back