BBR Tune

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I've been running a Bama 93 Race tune for almost 4 years now and have been curious as to how they stack up against other tunes.. Yesterday I decided to order a BBR tune since I've heard nothing but good things about them. Well, I called late morning and gave them all the information they requested. The new tune was in my in box at 7:30 the same night. I am going to load the tune up this morning and take it to the track today. I'll let you know the results.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
OK, I have a feeling this is going to be a long post so bear with me.

First off, driving impression: I drive my car to the track so streetability is important. The car drives like a dream. I could tell that the car was a little quicker just driving to the track. My only complaint (and this is being really picky) is there seems to be a dead spot at the top of the gas pedal. The best way to describe it is it feels like the throttle body closes before the pedal is at the top. I think it will just take a little getting used to.

On the drag strip: I went through my logs and found a day with similar conditions. 65 degrees, 38% humidity, 2700 da. My typical run would be about 13.49 (remember I have a TH350 that slows me down a little and I also run the engine hot at the strip, I've found this works best for consistency). First run was a 13.294. The cars 60ft improved by a tenth and I could tell this as soon as it launched. The 2nd run was a 13.297. And the third run was 13.297 as well. 4th run was 13.229 (car I was racing picked up as well). I was eliminated this round so I decided to see what the car would run when I let it cool down. I waited 2 rounds then put the car in the test and tune lane. It ran a 13.09! I haven't run that fast since the car was a stick! Now everybody at the track thinks I'm sandbagging, lol. The track I was at, Quaker City Raceway, is typically .2 slower than other tracks in the area because it goes uphill at the end. Next weekend I'll be running Norwalk, Hopefully I can get that 12 second slip.

Also, this is no knock on the Bama tune. I ran that tune for almost 4 years with no issues whatsoever. They have probably made improvements to their tunes over the last 4 years.

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
I noticed the same issue at the top of the gas pedal. I figured it was the bbk tb. I am getting used to it though.

G.T

Reaction score
i wanted to try a BBR tune for a few of the cars i'm working on...
here's to hoping they would check their PM box here more often and get back to me eventually :)

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
BBR tune is #1. I have had one in every car and wouldn't change ever. Chris is a great tuner and BBR customer service is #1 also. Give them a try, bet you won't ever get another tune...

Joser281

Reaction score
John, you guys (BBR) need to support Diablosport tuners soon man. Seeing all these threads leaves me feeling left out. I've been wanting to get a tune from you to compare to my Brookspeed tune but that would mean buying a SCT Tuner too...

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Just buy and SCT. However I was browsing the site tonight and it appears that they do support Diablo since they sell them. Maybe I am wrong but I would think they do.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back