best glass cleaner?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whats the best combo for glass. it seems ive tried everything from windex to invisiglass, paper towels, ot newspapers, to microfiber towels. nothing seems to work that well. any thoughts?

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stoners Invisible Glass seems to work the best.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i still get streaks with that stuff? does it go bad over time perhaps. the can is abotu a year old

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BTW I also Zaino the windows...on the outside anyway..on the inside I use the multipurpose Windex with Bounty paper towels...I don't get any streaks

ixtlan

Reaction score
Hey folks after using god only knows how many so called "Streak Free" window cleaners including the ones mentioned here I think I found a pretty damn good one.
And get this...
It's from Turtle Wax.
Turtle Wax ClearVue.
Spray on and wipe good with a Micro Fiber towel and hit the damp with a second dry towel.
Good cleaner (im a heavy smoker, and I know a good cleaner) and doesn't streak believe it or not.
Good stuff.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm using MrClean.

aka Mr Net here in Canada and Mr Propre in France.

ixtlan

Reaction score
I'm using MrClean.

aka Mr Net here in Canada and Mr Propre in France.
They have a glass cleaner?
I have tried the multi purpose but it streaked on me.
I am referring to the inside cleaner.
Outside no problem.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Take some Lemon Joy and put a little in a spray bottle with some warm water. Spray it on the window then wipe it down a bit. Then take some Sprayaway (1.00 at Wally World) to clean the inside and outside of the window.
No streaks, no marks, no nothing...just clear smooth windows...or dark illegal windows as I have...

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey folks after using god only knows how many so called "Streak Free" window cleaners including the ones mentioned here I think I found a pretty damn good one.
And get this...
It's from Turtle Wax.
Turtle Wax ClearVue.
Spray on and wipe good with a Micro Fiber towel and hit the damp with a second dry towel.
Good cleaner (im a heavy smoker, and I know a good cleaner) and doesn't streak believe it or not.
Good stuff.

I use the TurtleWax one too... I don't know the name of it, but it is tint safe and works awesome with paper towels! After that, rain-x and the glass looks like it isn't there!

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
You guys actually clean the inside of your windows? Wow maybe that is my problem taking apex's wrong on the road course:roflmao:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You guys actually clean the inside of your windows? Wow maybe that is my problem taking apex's wrong on the road course:roflmao:
I didn't touch the inside of the windshield for a few months, and it got dirty/foggy-looking on its own. It was especially annoying at night with lights and when the sun was in setting ahead.

The Windex crap I was using was just spreading the mess around, so I tried some ammonia and water on a cloth rag, and after a few swabs, it seems like it did the trick. Make sure you wipe it off with a clean towel/rag right away.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cleaner

I use Zep window cleaner in a spray can from Home Depot.No matter what we do,for some reason a 2nd dry clean cloth is necessary to remove streaking.There is something weird about the glass in the S197's,prone to streaking,pitting & chips easy.Do you agree??

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agree on the chipping, but I'd rather it get the minute chips than crack...touch wood.

M

MustangLynda

The lurker comes to life....

Well then, now I know I am not crazy :clap: I have had 2 s197's and with both I swear I cannot get rid of the streaking on the inside no matter what I use. Also on both cars within a very short period of time the outside has a zillion micro chips in the glass - looks like someone threw sand at the windshield, but the paint is OK. No problems with the side window glass either, just the winshield. This glass IS weird.

I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned here and hope something works. I can't see crap out my car in the rain:furious:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The lurker comes to life....

Well then, now I know I am not crazy :clap: I have had 2 s197's and with both I swear I cannot get rid of the streaking on the inside no matter what I use. Also on both cars within a very short period of time the outside has a zillion micro chips in the glass - looks like someone threw sand at the windshield, but the paint is OK. No problems with the side window glass either, just the winshield. This glass IS weird.

I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned here and hope something works. I can't see crap out my car in the rain:furious:
Welcome out of the lurking closet and to the open forum!

I seriously get good results with the orange multi-purpose windex and bounty paper towels, but I have a second set of completely clean paper towels to finish.

KartRacer39

Reaction score
I noticed that a few use Bounty Paper Towels. I use Sparkle Paper Towels only because Bounty leaves fibers everywhere on the glass. Sparkle Towels seem to leave less fibers for me. I use some glass cleaner from Sam's club (Aerosol Can ) that seems to do best for me and I have like 5 different bottles of cleaner laying around that I have dealt with cleaning.

All in all, the best results on my cars are when the cars are in the shade or in the garage and the windows cool to the touch. They will streak like a baby's diaper if your in the sun.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back