Best Street Tire?

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
These goodyear f1's the auto brembo cars suck. Why have this power if all i do is spin the tires? Tune is useless. What is the best rear street tires to replace the goodyears and keep the brembo rims?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
These goodyear f1's the auto brembo cars suck. Why have this power if all i do is spin the tires? Tune is useless. What is the best rear street tires to replace the goodyears and keep the brembo rims?

Not sure what kind of climate you're in, but up here in the NW a good all-season performance tire is what I needed for my Brembo GT. I run Continental Extreme Contact DWS's and love them. I also had them on my supercharged '07 GT automatic and they work great year 'round.

During the summer months, I often drive on drag radials for even better traction, but tthose aren't great around corners or in the rain.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
I had a set of Goodyear F1s on another car years ago and I thought they were fantastic tires. They were pretty quiet and offered decent corner grip.
You must either have fantastically high standards for tires and spend a grand every 6 months, or youre just using them for drag racing or something.

Yokahama S drives are another pretty well rounded tire I have found. Good grip, lasts a while, and very quiet. Good sidewall too.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Michillin super sports hands down for a strictly street tire, i also use mine during auto x and the are super sticky for the type of tire they are

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
If you want a cheaper alternative to Michelin, you can try the BFG KDW2's. The plus is they have excellent wet performance and the tread lasts a long time (in addition to looking cool).

bfg_gforceta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I currently have the PS2's on my car in 295/35/20 form. They are great tires. From a dig they will spin a good amount, but I can spin my ET streets on the street too. 2nd gear will start to break loose higher in the rpm range. I would have loved to get the super sports(step above these-newer) but the deal i got was for PS2's. Would def get again for a sticky street tire that is good in corners.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've run KDW2, Eagle F1, Ventus V12, Nitto 555r, 555, and NT05r. Eagles were noisy and lacked traction, KDW2 gripped well but were very noisy, Hankook Ventus were quiet with good traction, all Nittos have been quiet with good traction. I'd say the Hankook and Nitto 555 were the best for all seasons here in western Washington.

JMoraru

forum member
Reaction score
I currently have the PS2's on my car in 295/35/20 form. They are great tires. From a dig they will spin a good amount, but I can spin my ET streets on the street too. 2nd gear will start to break loose higher in the rpm range. I would have loved to get the super sports(step above these-newer) but the deal i got was for PS2's. Would def get again for a sticky street tire that is good in corners.

Im running the same tires. 2nd set i have had. I had one freak accident in a parking lot where i spun somehow(oil or something i guess), but other than that they have been great tires. Also seem to do well in the rain and i have even been in the snow with them. Id keep buying them if i can manage to get the same deal i got last time. Only problem is they are pretty expensive.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I agree at 500 a pop they aren't cheap by any means. I'm getting pretty good wear out of them but I hardly ever do any burnouts or anything like that. Maybe a little break sideways for a 1/4 second every now and then.

I've thought about possibly going to an R compound tire next, because by the time I'm ready for new tires I'm hopefully going to be running more power. These won't be enough at that point. Either that or I'm going to have to go wider and go with the Super Sports.

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
I have the mickey thompson street comps. They are quiet and good in the rain. Traction is pretty good, but I'm a mostly stock 3v.

They are cheap too, FWIW.

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I do not drive in the rain. Just want a tire that will put the power to the ground.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I do not drive in the rain. Just want a tire that will put the power to the ground.

If you have the coin, Michelin PS2's for sure. If not, I still suggest BFG KDW2s rain or shine. The single biggest downside is these tires are noisy as shit. You can hear them whirl on the freeway.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back