Best Street Tires On 18"

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
Lookling for opinions and ideas on the best looking tread pattern on 18" Saleens. Please post pics of your 18s. Obviously performance being first.

Last edited:

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
Obviously performance comes first, but yes. Tread pattern. Sorry for not making it clear. And to Mr Steedman07. Dnt be a prick. Im here because I want to learn from the experienced. But I guess you must know it all.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
i have general exclaim uhp and they look good, work great and are cheap. i'll buy them again.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
EagleF1_SupercarG2_300p4c-220x293.jpg

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Who cares about tread pattern dude, no one sees that and i'd rather have a great gripping tire rather than looks..

I suggest Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus's. I ran them and they were the best tires i have put through the tests.

If anyone says Nitto 555s, i will fly to your house and kick you in the nuts lol.. Those tires are a joke for traction.

colorado pony

Reaction score
dumb question

did not ford spend millions of dollars with pirelli in tire tests to match the pzero to the mustang s197 handling?????

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Toyo Proxes R888...

toyo%20proxes%20r888.jpg

Or, if they're not pretty enough for you, perhaps you could get a set of these...

IMG_0131.jpg

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
icon1.gif

Toyo Proxes R888...

toyo%20proxes%20r888.jpg

Or, if they're not pretty enough for you, perhaps you could get a set of these...

IMG_0131.jpg

LMAO

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Lookling for opinions and ideas on the best looking tread pattern on 18" Saleens. Please post pics of your 18s. Obviously performance being first.
The best-looking tread pattern is the one that the other guy gets to see after you've stopped and he finally catches up. Keep that in mind for whatever driving conditions you need them to be good in (The only hint I have is under your avatar pic, which indicates wet capability is likely important).

I can second the idea of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus's, with the further suggestion that no matter what you end up getting that you run them on wheels not narrower than the "measuring width". Squeezing the widest possible tire onto your existing rims will make for softish cornering response. You didn't say "drag racing" or "just the rear tires", so I am going to assume that you mean all four tires and cornering.

The R888 is pretty much an R-compound tire, and there has been considerable discussion as to what pressures to run them at on track. I'd also take that to include autocross and even hard street cornering. I know that they've been popular with the "Pro-Touring" guys, but they did get replaced as the spec tire in at least one racing class.

(FWIW, I have a set of GY Asymmetrics on 18 x 9.5 wheels - their cold weather grip sucks, plain and simple, so I swapped the KDWSs back on until it warms up again.)

Norm

Last edited:

Scord

forum member
Reaction score
I like NT05's for a daily driver tire that corners well. Pretty decent wet traction with good looking tread pattern as well I guess if your into that sort of thing.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say Falken 452's, Falken Azenis RT-615K's if you are willing to dough out a little extra cash, BFG KDW II's, Goodyear DSG3's are good, and have sick looking tread, etc.

I'd check out Tirerack or Onlinetires.com

Onlinetires just had a deal for Pirelli Pzero Nero M/A 275/40/18 for 61 Bucks Each. I ordered a pair for my fronts.

Good luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back