Brake cooling kits DO work

J

JonW

I took my Mustang to the track for the first time today. It's a 1.8 mile track with 10 turns and several elevation changes. It's a very challenging course.

There has been a lot of debate about whether or not brake cooling kits work, and I'm now convinced that they do. The only mods to my brakes are Hawk pads, DOT 4 fluid, SS lines, and a Quantum Motorsports brake cooling kit. Running 15 minute sessions, I had zero problems with brake fade. Even one of the instructors who drove the car hard around the course for 3 laps remarked how well the brakes were performing.

Yes, the Hawk pads and DOT 4 fluid was surely a help. But I'm convinced that without the brake cooling kit, I would still have problems. I have to give the cooling kit a big kudos for keeping my brakes from fading.

:worship:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is good info on the break ducts as I was woundering about them.

07SHELBY GT

Just checked out Quantum Motorsports website,And will be ordering one of their kits on monday!Thanks for the info!

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Just looked at it too as I was interested in it. Am I correct in saying that its just 2 pipes that feed air from the front to the brake Disks?

Also, how do the parts fit a different grill / bumpoer, say an aftermarket one? I have the Cervini C-500. Just curious if they can be adapted.

J

JonW

The QM kit includes 2 inlet adapters which fit into the lower grille, 2 pieces of 3" duct, and the adapters that go on the front spindles to direct the air to the brakes. With your Cervini bumper, you'll probably have to fabricate the inlet adapters or find a way to use their universal adapters. Shoot them an email. They're very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
I have Agent 47, EBC yellow, SS lines, Powerslot rotors. At Pocono I had no brake fade whatsoever. On one lap I was pushing 140 and expecting to pass a BMW M3 when he suddenly vears in front of me a takes a slow line to the infield. Hard braking, lots of dust, a little smell, and that was it. No glaze or fade.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back