First track day

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I thought we were talking about a stick axle S197.

jj427r has a 2010 auto + M90 blower...... and a 2018 GT PP auto. The 15+ IRS cars....and esp his 2018 auto... require an extra auto tranny cooler, bigger eng rad, eng oil cooler, and differential cooler...... 4 x items in all.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, the stick axles hold a lot more fluid and don't overheat nearly as easily, especially if you're using a gear type diff.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, the stick axles hold a lot more fluid and don't overheat nearly as easily, especially if you're using a gear type diff.

I had a whiteline watts link installed + an Eaton Tru-trac......on the same day. The wl watts link comes with a super thick aluminum differential cover, with 4 x 60mm long bolts + 1 x 40mm long bolt, holding the 'spider' . Where the diff cover meets the gasket, it's a 15mm thick flange. (wl supplies new....long SS bolts). Comes with drain + fill plugs. All that al dissipates heat pretty good. Dino 85W-140 gear oil + a bob's autosports axle catch can rounds out the install. Zero differential issues.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
jj427r has a 2010 auto + M90 blower...... and a 2018 GT PP auto. The 15+ IRS cars....and esp his 2018 auto... require an extra auto tranny cooler, bigger eng rad, eng oil cooler, and differential cooler...... 4 x items in all.

There's a California driver (Alessandro Sensoli) in a 2018 GT 10speed auto that posts on TMO forum and page that is fighting transmission heat on track. Dunno if I can hot link to FB image...

73052034_10220126658786094_660308851907624960_o.jpg

He's done radiator, oil cooler, trans cooler, splitter, vented hood, dedicated cooler ducting... it is still a hot mess, but I think its getting better? Sorry, I know the thread meandered away from the original post, but we started talking 10 speed automatics... Curious to see if anyone has licked this issue on hot days with fast laps.

Cheers,

JJ427R

Reaction score
There's a California driver (Alessandro Sensoli) in a 2018 GT 10speed auto that posts on TMO forum and page that is fighting transmission heat on track. Dunno if I can hot link to FB image...

He's done radiator, oil cooler, trans cooler, splitter, vented hood, dedicated cooler ducting... it is still a hot mess, but I think its getting better? Sorry, I know the thread meandered away from the original post, but we started talking 10 speed automatics... Curious to see if anyone has licked this issue on hot days with fast laps.

Cheers,
Alessandro Sensoli is good guy, I've discussed this over the phone with him myself, which made me not pursue doing any of these mod on my 2018 GT PP1 that went into limp mode after 12 minutes on track at Road America, even though this Terry Fair says I don't drive fast enough to do any adequate testing.....

I wouldn't listen to much else this snake oil salesman tries to push off on you though....

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alessandro Sensoli is good guy, I've discussed this over the phone with him myself, which made me not pursue doing any of these mod on my 2018 GT PP1 that went into limp mode after 12 minutes on track at Road America, even though this Terry Fair says I don't drive fast enough to do any adequate testing.....

I wouldn't listen to much else this snake oil salesman tries to push off on you though....

Give it up, you're making yourself look foolish.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just keeping it honest... but you are correct, I should not stoop to his level.
Wait... not stoop to MY level? You are the one that said today that you would, and I quote, "bust your goddam teeth out!!!"

But by all means, stay on your high horse... :p

JJ427R

Reaction score
Wait... not stoop to MY level? You are the one that said today that you would, and I quote, "bust your goddam teeth out!!!"

But by all means, stay on your high horse... :p
We'll I'm at least telling the truth on these threads and not making up false statements that are not true to try to cover my ass like you are.
Saying my wife and I are deleting posts, when it was your crony Jason doing it, nice try but she called him out on that immediately just like she did when you made the false claim about playing a disability card, which you also lied about on this forum as well and then tried to turn on us.
And then you post a bunch of photo's of underneath cars that show us absolutely nothing and throw out nasty comments about people and a bunch of bullshit to divert things. Real class act you are.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Cheers,

Here's the future.... Ford mustang. 100% electric. 900HP, 1000ft lbs of tq. Comes with a 6 speed manual tranny.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-ford-mustang-lithium

It was at this years Sema show. 15-20 min sessions should not be an issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back