Brakes .670 hps pads won't fit? (Tps Rotors)

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
I bought some .670 hps pad and I cannot get them to fit. I watch cj install video to make sure I wasn't making any stupid mistakes. The piston are pushed all the way in. There is no issue with the back front pad fitting. The front is causing the problem. I changed the brakes before with hps pads and tps rotors. I am wondering if tps rotors are thicker than stock? Is there anyway to adjust the depth of caliper on the bracket?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Rotors should be the stock thickness, at least I would think so. Are you sure they won't fit in there? The only other suggestion I would have is to maybe shim the rotor slightly with some washers, or the caliper bracket. This would be temporary until the pads wore down enough to remove the shim.

I just don;t see how they don't fit. Are they specific to your mustang, I would think so. Stock calipers? I know sometimes mine have been tight but I've always go them to go in.

I would knock the rotor loose a little bit and slide it outboard. Get the inside pad in there and and then assemble the rest and see if she drives without binding.

gray1622

forum member
Reaction score
The pins that caliper floats on were frozen. I was in a hurry and didn't realize it. I had buy new bracket because I couldn't get them out.

07 Boss

Reaction score
The pins that caliper floats on were frozen. I was in a hurry and didn't realize it. I had buy new bracket because I couldn't get them out.

Well glad you figured it out. Seemed kinda weird having fitment issues with brake pads.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back