Brandmotion adapter problems

mykvr6

Reaction score
So I got the brandmotion ipod adapter for my 08 Bullitt to get my ipod working in my car. Easy install. Plugs in back at the sirius tuner. Install was breezy, for real. Got it all hooked up, feeling good and when I tried it, I was totally disappointed. The input seems to be way too hot into the radio. The sound gets really loud really fast and is clipping big time. Lots of distortion. Its like the level is too high going into the radio. I have the ipods eq off so it's just flat coming out of the ipod. I've used this ipod direct connected to my sony radio in my Fusion, direct connected in my 08 Scion to the factory stereo, direct connected to an Alpine in my old vw, etc etc. All with no problems with this kind of distortion and clipping of signal. Am I missing something here? I guess I will contact Brandmotion to see if they have any ideas. I've seen plenty of people using this adapter with no issues, maybe mine is just bad? Anyone else use this adapter with or without problems?

mykvr6

Reaction score
update: talked with brandmotion and tried a few things they suggested but sound quality still sucks. I'm not sure why, and they aren't sure either. Everyone else who has posted about this adapter has good things to say, its works perfectly, etc. But for some reason mine just isn't cutting it. Should have saved the cash for a new double din radio instead.

mykvr6

Reaction score
update 2: Got a replacement unit shipped and tried it out. Works pretty much the same. I tried lowering the volume on a couple of tracks in I-tunes and trying that. Seems to sound better that way. So I figured I could make adjustments and get it sounding better but I also realized I hate the interface. Takes way to long to scroll through songs, etc. Ended up pulling it all out and putting in a Sony with direct ipod control I had in my fusion. It's a single din, but sounds SO much better than the stock radio and of course my ipod works flawlessly with this unit. I also have sub volume control which is an added bonus. In the future I'll probably upgrade to a double din unit for looks and maybe bluetooth and HD radio but this fits the bill for now since I'd rather have a tuner and some other stuff before messing the the audio again.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Sorry you had problems with it. I had a brandmotion adapter for my Bullitt with the OEM Nav and it worked great. Only thing I didn't like about it was how time consuming it was to search for a playlist and remembering the buttons to hit to make it do what you wanted.

mykvr6

Reaction score
yeah not sure about the sound problems, I think cutting the volume on all the songs would have made it liveable, but I ended up just replacing it because of what you mentioned. Navigating songs was a huge pain.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back