brembo brake question

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I have tried searching the internet and went to Ford.com and not much help as confused between track pack and just brembo brakes.

I ordered a 2013 GT with the brembo brake package and not the track package as I got the automatic. When I ordered I was told the strut bar is only with the track package. So I ordered a boss 302 strut bar for when my GT comes in next week I would have one as I like them. Now I have 2 friends telling me that the strut bar does come on the brembo brake package not just the track pack. Is this correct, my GT will have the strut bar on it? I ask as I begged my wife to let me get one and she will be pist if the car has a strut bar on it as I just ordered one lol.

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
The order guide, car brochure & Ford.com doesn't show the strut bar for the Brembo package.

Congrats on the car!

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
my '12 Brembo car came with it, but i think it's just standard on the convertible.

rubicon79

Reaction score
My 13 GT was a base car with the Brembo brake package and it came with one. I only had 2 options when I ordered mine, brembo and 3.73 gear. Hope that helps!

For what it's worth my dealer said it wouldn't come with one but it did.

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
In 2011 and 2012, the strut tower brace was standard on any vehicle with 19" wheels, and the convertible.

If you ordered the accessory 19" wheels (few did), you got a STB. If you got the BBP, which comes with 19" wheels, you got a STB.

I don't know how it's done for 2013 but for the few years preceding, it went by wheel size.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, looks like am going to be in trouble lol. As it comes with 19 inch rims.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back