Brembo brakes 2009 GT

ExSRT8Guy

Been There, Done That
Reaction score
I drive with hand controls, my left hand controls throttle and brake, right hand is on the wheel. I'd have to take my hand off the wheel to shift it.

Here shows me a bit

Ah. Watched the vid for a bit. Driving with the hand controls seems completely unorthodox, but looks like you've got it down.

Much as I'm not a fan of paddle shifters, would it be worthwhile to rig one up to work with your right hand? Might be a challenge to coordinate, but I'm guessing control over shifts would be a pretty nice benefit on the track.

OP: Apologies for the thread hijack.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Much as I'm not a fan of paddle shifters, would it be worthwhile to rig one up to work with your right hand? Might be a challenge to coordinate, but I'm guessing control over shifts would be a pretty nice benefit on the track.
Oddly enough that is a whole other story I'll try to keep short.

I bought a 2018 GT PP1 last spring for that purpose(still have my Roush). I ran it at Road America last July, 1st time on track with it. First session I went out in Track Mode and let the car shift itself. Seemed fine for the first few laps as I was taking it easy, getting the feel of the car. It however later in session was struggling to find the right gear. Already starting to overheat the trans. Had about an hour cooldown, second session I tried it again, ran 12 minutes and car went into limp mode going into Canada corner, had to pull off track and let it sit a couple minutes, was then able to limp into the pits. Let it sit a session and the tried it again, would only go a few laps before it would start going into limp mode again. Tried sport mode so it was not quite as aggressive, still same problem. Next day I tried shifting with paddles, was difficult downshifting with left hand paddle while trying to brake with the left hand going into a corner, need to practice that a bunch more. Even with paddles it was going into limp mode almost every session I tried it.

Got back home and took it to local dealer to have checked out. Only code it had was for high engine temp. They found nothing wrong.

In my opinion the car is a POS. Ford builds them with a supposed performance package with a larger radiator and "Track Mode" which they state is only to be used on track, and they even have a Track Use Section in the manual, but yet their warranty says you can't take it on track and they questioned that I was racing it when I contacted them. I tried to get Ford to buy it back but they would not. My only option is to file a Lemon Law claim thru State of Minnesota, but with that the car needs to have been worked on with no resolution, mine has not been worked on.

I'm scared to drive it on track again as going into limp mode while on track is very unsafe. I can't add coolers without voiding the warranty. My only option really is to sell or trade it. F-ed up situation for sure!!
Here is the video of it going into limp mode, you will hear how it is shifting oddly the laps before it limps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back