Brookspeed

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
So after months of waiting for bamachips response for a package tune, I finally gave up all hope.
This whole time I've been running a "canned" tune from diablosport. So I took the plunge and got a tune from brookspeed, quick turn around time and very responsive to my questions in a quick manner.
I have the following mods:
c&l racer intake
Saleen billet delete plates
Borla Stinger axle back exhaust
Hurst STS

I know theres a ton of "Tuner" threads but I thought I'd jump in and let everyone know how the brookspeed tune feels on the "Butt Dyno" vs the "canned" tune. the difference is that when I had the "canned" tune I wasn't running the delete plates. :naughty1:

Can't wait to get this stuff installed!

asilver2001gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to be running Eric's tune this weekend after a major overhaul of my car...I'm freaking excited

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, I swear I hate windows/vista computers although my tuner is sitting right next to the computer it still tells me it can't find the tool! I keep yelling and swearing that it's right there!!!

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, I swear I hate windows/vista computers although my tuner is sitting right next to the computer it still tells me it can't find the tool! I keep yelling and swearing that it's right there!!!

i don't have any trouble with mine....which handheld are you using?

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
Diablosport. So when I try to send the new tune to my handheld, it says in order to send new tune to predator I must also select the original tune. Ok I first select the new tune then the oem back up then the next screen says waiting for connection an once it reaches 100 it says" Could not start the download - destination device not found!"

does anyone know how to get this thing working?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Diablosport. So when I try to send the new tune to my handheld, it says in order to send new tune to predator I must also select the original tune. Ok I first select the new tune then the oem back up then the next screen says waiting for connection an once it reaches 100 it says" Could not start the download - destination device not found!"

does anyone know how to get this thing working?

Don't be offended if this is a dumb question, but how do you have it connected to the computer? Do you have the power chord of your tuner plugged in?

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
Don't be offended if this is a dumb question, but how do you have it connected to the computer? Do you have the power chord of your tuner plugged in?

None taken! : )
it's plugged into the car I can't to find an adapter right now. I'm using a cord from radioshack to hook up my tuner to the laptop the tuner is getting power from the car.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you gone on DiabloSport's website and made sure you have the latest firmware?

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
Saleen delete plates?

I run Eric's tune too and love it.

Yes Saleen has them equipped on their cars as well (cmcv) or whatever they're called delete plates.

Damn I'm stuck here with nothing to do until tomorrow when I call tech support. :helpme:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
I havent had to buy a tune from eric as i tune my own stuff with hptuners but he is an absolute stand up guy. Very nice, helpful and quick to respond.

J2L06GT

forum member
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I downloaded a tune on my Diablo
but I seem to remember having to get to screen on tuner
and set it to read new tunes from computer and push select
button at same time I hit send on computer.
Hope this makes sense.

shikwann

forum member
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I downloaded a tune on my Diablo
but I seem to remember having to get to screen on tuner
and set it to read new tunes from computer and push select
button at same time I hit send on computer.
Hope this makes sense.
I checked out the import tune option on the tuner but it then says that its not in use anymore. It then refers me to use the DS downloader to upload a new tune.:ugh1:

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
You will enjoy the tune. I think I will go to the car and switch my tune from bamachips to brooksspeed. I enjoy running both tunes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back