Built 6r80

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
On the process of going Phase 2 on my customers F150 Twin turbo.

Currently making 570Rwhp on 8 psi on a Jet Using Twin 6266 Turbos with JMS Fuel booster and CJ intake & ID1000.

Phase 2 is going built shortblock, upgraded trans and a water/meth injection.

My question mainly is about the transmission, I know Excedy has a stage 2 1000hp rated upgrade kit but my customer insists that we get a fully built trans. So I would like to know who builds em ? any experience ?

I know this is a mustang thread but if the trans builder can built a +1000 rated 6R80 then the F150 trans should be no issue to him.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
clutches and intermediate shaft is all i have seen done to hold decent power. Circle D has a package to build a solid 6r for you.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool project. Even if the truck is a 2wd single cab it will weigh a good bit more than a mustang so I wouldn't expect it to hold up to the same power levels as it would in a lighter mustang.

As mentioned above, not sure there is much offered currently besides the upgraded clutches and intermediate shaft. Circle D would be who to call. Some are looking into other upgraded hard parts but I don't think there is anything out yet.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Not to hijack OP's thread, but do you guys know if any special tools are required to tear down a 6r?

onebadgsx

Reaction score
circle d specialties does the convertors
circle d trans for all trans builds.

same family that runs both, they used to be on the same property but specialties out grew there little building so they just recently moved. but still the same family runs both

lito

forum member
Reaction score
circle d specialties does the convertors
circle d trans for all trans builds.

same family that runs both, they used to be on the same property but specialties out grew there little building so they just recently moved. but still the same family runs both

^ this, you can't imagine how stupid I was when Specialties keep telling me to ask CircleD my trans questions and I was like, well, aren't you CircleD???? lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back