Bump Steer Kit with 15 inch Racestars

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have searched and could not find anything about this. I run 15 inch Racestars at the drag strip and 18 inch wheels on the road. I read about people having clearance issues with some bump steer kits with 16 inch wheels. Would any of them work with the 15" Racestar wheels?

I was having major squeaks in my front suspension. I removed, cleaned, and regreased the a-arms and the squeaks are gone. While doing that, however, I found the stock tie rod ends looked very worn looking (maybe looks are deceiving). Car has been lowered for about 20,000 miles and the last time I had the suspension alignment done, I had a toe in issue that was mostly corrected but the alignment tech said a bump steer kit would help perfect the geometry.

I am also having the pop noises from the stock strut mounts so those will be replaced before my next alignment with either the GT500 mounts or MM CC plates/mount.

Suspension setup:
Tokico D-Spec Shocks/Struts
BMR Lowering Springs
BMR Non-Adj A-Arms
BMR Radiator Support/Swaybar Delete
BMR Camber Bolts
BMR Panhard Rod
BMR Rear LCAs
BMR Adj Rear UCA

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Run the 18x5 from Racestars and be done with it. The car will be much more stable without the sidewall that you have to run in a 15 inch wheel.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you RocketcarX! I like how that combo would still match and look good with the 15x8s out back.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you know if they will fit with Brembo front brakes or any other big brake kit?

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized that they are 15".

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back