buttons on factory radio

martinr69

Reaction score
Hey the paint is starting to wear off the buttons of the radio. I don't want to replace the radio as of yet because I would rather the money go on mods. How can I fix these buttons so they look good and not trashy.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
try and buy another used factory radio. they go pretty cheap on flea bay

martinr69

Reaction score
Already been looking but most of them look like mine or worse. Here is a picture of it that I forgot to add.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
go to your local ricer shop and get some vinyl stickers printed up to go over the buttons

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
copy down what every button says and get them printed on black vinyl. then cut them out and put them over and use a razor or an exacto knife to trim them to fit

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
WOW! that looks terrible. My car is an 05 and none of the bottons are messed up yet. crazy.

martinr69

Reaction score
Yes they do that's why I need to do something about it. I like to go to car shows but this would look crappy. Wanting to fix it but not make it look cheap nor trashy..

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Already been looking but most of them look like mine or worse. Here is a picture of it that I forgot to add.

PM lostsoul and see if he still has the head unit out of his wrecked car. The Dizzel may have his stock one as well. Both were Shaker 500s.

martinr69

Reaction score
PM lostsoul and see if he still has the head unit out of his wrecked car. The Dizzel may have his stock one as well. Both were Shaker 500s.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I sent a PM just now and hopefully he still has it and the price is right... :thumb2:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this. I sent a PM just now and hopefully he still has it and the price is right... :thumb2:

Don't know if you heard back yet, however, I was at lostsoul's home this afternoon and he told me he still has the head unit.

Edit, he may actually have two of them. He replaced the one in his second car also.

Last edited:

martinr69

Reaction score
Don't know if you heard back yet, however, I was at lostsoul's home this afternoon and he told me he still has the head unit.

Edit, he may actually have two of them. He replaced the one in his second car also.

Have not heard back yet..Did he say what he would want for one..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back