Caffeine and Octane Atlanta - July 2014

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Posting this as a slideshow link to my Photobucket account this time. Let me know if you like it. Saves me a ton of time vs having to break up each post due to the "images per post" limit. Unfortunately the images didn't turn out as nice with the overcast weather this morning.

Included an overhead view to get an idea of just how massive this show is and tried to get a panorama of the lots, just hard with the terrain and all the trees and people.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mavisky/slideshow/Caffeine and Octane July 2014

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I'm more critical of my own work, or rather the ability of Photobucket's software to downsize these images. I need to start doing that on my own I think as they're introducing a lot of noise to the images. The older Ferrari's rear quarter panel really got broken by photobucket for example. The higher ISO settings today introduced some noise by default, but the raw image looks a lot better than what their auto-resizer came up with.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Great photos; Thank you for sharing.

I'm in NW Atlanta - Acworth - please share the location(s) for Caffeine and Octane and the dates - is it the first Sunday of every month?

I'll Google it as well, but sometimes it is better from the horses mouth.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
All the details are here, but yes first sunday of the month. Show technically starts at 8 am, but you have to get there before 7 to get much of a spot usually. I got there at 6:30'ish and got one of the last spots in the main lot. Luckily another guy left early allowing me to snag the spot at the end of the row near the other Shelby owners I knew.

http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Great pics! Looks like an awesome time.

I hope you don't mind, but I just had to post this one...:drool:

IMG_3974_zps6fda43c4.jpg

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pictures brother! One day I will drag my ass out of bed early and make it to one of these. It has been forever since I last attended.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Great pics! Looks like an awesome time.

I hope you don't mind, but I just had to post this one...:drool:

No worries, I'd post all of them like that myself, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Nice pictures brother! One day I will drag my ass out of bed early and make it to one of these. It has been forever since I last attended.

Absolutely. Let me know if you decide too and we can run into there from my place as it's more or less on your way.

Got into a fun little race with an early Gallardo E-Gear with an exhaust on the way home. His 530hp vs my 530 at the wheels and aside from his slight awd advantage off the line I think I was slightly pulling on him before we shut it down due to the roads we were on and already hitting 100mph. He does have a near 600lb weight advantage. I think he may have had a muffler delete on it because I only knew to shift by the needle on the tach and the SVT logo lighting up at 5800rpm. I couldn't hear anything other than his V10 screaming and even after the race my left ear was ringing a bit.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fantastic pics dude, thanks for sharing. I dream of being that middle aged gentleman sitting next to his Cobra. lol

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Fantastic pics dude, thanks for sharing. I dream of being that middle aged gentleman sitting next to his Cobra. lol

It was for sale, so the possibility is real. BTW I've yet to see a real Cobra turn up at these events, but that shouldn't come as any real surprise. Typically the top cars here hover just under the $500,000 mark.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Let me know if you decide too and we can run into there from my place as it's more or less on your way.

Got into a fun little race with an early Gallardo E-Gear with an exhaust on the way home. His 530hp vs my 530 at the wheels and aside from his slight awd advantage off the line I think I was slightly pulling on him before we shut it down due to the roads we were on and already hitting 100mph. He does have a near 600lb weight advantage. I think he may have had a muffler delete on it because I only knew to shift by the needle on the tach and the SVT logo lighting up at 5800rpm. I couldn't hear anything other than his V10 screaming and even after the race my left ear was ringing a bit.
Sounds good man! I bet the race with the Gallardo was a blast. I would have been a nervous wreck to try that on the street but I was nervous as hell on our cruise to the Varsity going 90. I usually don't speed much at all but my car is slow. At least I keep it clean though. :beerchug2:

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Yea the Gallardo race was a blast, and I was doing it after being up for 23 hours since I couldn't fall asleep the night before because my brain was being dumb about it all. Would have loved to have gotten a more even run where I knew we were going to make a hit or try him again from a roll even.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back