CAI Tunes?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you guys offer tunes for NA engines? For specific intakes etc?

We certainley do! What inatke where you looking at? we have done alot! I really like the WMS air kit, or the C&L racer. Our intake system is nice, cheap,simple and will make power too! its only $299 here is a look at it...

jimIII

Last edited:

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
Steeda carbon fiber elbow with fordracing maf, filter, heatsheild. i already have the intake

Attachments

• steeda cf.jpg
    steeda cf.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 19

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Would not be a problem at all.
Especially if it was feeding a Saleen S/C at 10psi...hint hint

:thumb:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
LOL just because I work at JDM doesn't mean I get ANYTHING for free...
I don't spend money on anything else - I don't have some big house, or a 95" TV, or fancy computer, or wicked stereo and gaming system, or tons of nice clothes, and I keep my wife's spending on a short leash. My nice possessions are my car, my XBOX with one game (COD4 FTW), and my one nice flat screen TV.

I save my pennies, buy used junk, clean it up, and install it myself.
Then cross my fingers and hope for the best.

And it usually results in BOOM! and doing things over and over again.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
haha, i hear ya. i was being sarcastic. i am always looking to buy used. i do a lot of buying used stuff at very low prices and then resell for more. i just got out of the military, moved, bought a new home, and started a new job. needless to say things are crazy. I guess i'm just your average american. my wife does have an expensive purse habit have but i dont complain because my car addiction is a bit worse

Last edited:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
When we sat down with another young married couple she knows through work and really thought about what the guys spend on cars and toys and other tinkering versus what the women spend, it was no comparison. Throw your wife out a window and save yourself.

I was ready to be sick when I heard what women pay for purses, clothes, etc.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
for real! but see in my situation that would not benefit me because (and i'm gonna get dissed for this) the car is her daily driver and she makes the payments on it. i pay the insurance. She lives closer to her work than i do to mine so it makes since that i drive the beater car daily. so if she goes the car goes.

So i assume you use the xcal tuner? basically what i need is the tuner itself and 1 or 2 tunes to work with the cai mention above. i'm shopping around, always looking for a deal *wink wink*

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
just one tune - if you don't have the tuner yet, trust me, just buy it new - used tuners can be a nightmare. $395 for the tuner and one tune, $180 for just a tune.

she works closer to home, so she drives the cobra normally. I drive the fuel economy car. don't tell her you installed the saleen s/c and see what she says LOL.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
yeah, she just asked me about an hr ago if i ordered it. she gave me the go ahead but its just not a good financial move for me at this point. maybe next spring. until then the cai and tune will do. So what kind of gains were able to get with your 87oct tune?

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
yeah, she just asked me about an hr ago if i ordered it. she gave me the go ahead...

You will forever regret not jumping all over this...you're single and a smoking hot girl just asked you if you want to go have some fun with the box of 100 condoms she just bought and you shot her down...

Better shifting, fuel economy, runs smoother, more responsive but that's about it. There are not many people wanting our 87 octane tunes and wanting to pay $475 to get the dyno tune to measure the difference, I would imagine it's not much, there's just not really anything to work with for power.

All MGTs should be run on 93 regardless of mods if it is available - your tuner has a lot more to work with, you'll make better power, have better throttle response, and have better fuel economy because the tuner can run a lot more timing under low throttle cruise and run it really lean safely under those low load conditions. 93 is also federally regulated so you avoid a lot of problems that you have with low quality less strictly regulated regular gasoline that you can run into at some stations.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
i'd want an 87 tune since its a daily driver(wife) and also a 93 for weekend driving (me). I am going to pm you a few questions. thanks

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Get her a 93 tune, she'll be a lot happier with it. And it will get much better fuel economy. You don't want to see what the inside of a regular Getty gas station crappy gasoline motor looks like.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
ok, i see your point. she already complains about buying gas and the price etc. so making her buy 93 would only make it worse and chances are she'll forget and load it up with 87 atleast 3 times. with getting better fuel econonmy will paying the higher price for the better fuel actually save me money? if so, she's all about saving money so it would be good. have any numbers to go with the claim? i need to present her with this information so as to not get slapped :)

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
correct.
93, also being regulated, you know you're getting high quality fuel.
you don't have to worry...is this really 87, or is this lawnmower gas.

putting good fuel in your car is going to keep your motor in better condition longer as well...not as likely to develop deposits and what not

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
5Spd07GT, I can give you a testimony for JDM

I went there last Monday the 8th, I have an '06 GT, auto, FRPP CAI w/ Saleen inlet tube, and Steeda UDP's, thats it, I'm NA also, Jim gave me a great tune, my car runs like an animal! 301 HP, 316 TQ , auto trans feels great!

My car never ran this good, and the fellas at JDM are top notch, highly recommended!!!

BTW Get the 93 tune, and don't look back, forget 87, its worth it

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
i had a good talk with Chris privately today and he is very good at his job. JDM has my business. I'll be going with a 93oct tune. I have the steeda inlet tube in carbon fiber with the frpp cai. there is a pic in my photos in my profile

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
COD4 FTW!!

I havent played in a month or two. I need to get back on!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back