caliper painting

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
ok so my car is silver and i just put on a set of roush wheels polished/chrome...now the problem is i can see the ugly brake caliper now..so what color? not sure how red would look? black wont really stand out..any pics of satin silver cars with painted calipers would be great...thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try looking? there have been a lot of threads with guys showing off their caliper jobs over the years.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Grabber Blue!
IMG_0729.jpg

All jokes aside though, I'm starting to get a little burned out on red calipers now. I'd probably just do black man.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I used a dark silver grey on my '08 GT's calipers. On my '05 Sonic Blue GT I used the Blue paint form G2 that has a slight purpleish tint to it in some light.

If you want the calipers to stand out, use yellow.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
I'm doing mine today. I couldnt decide either. I didnt want red as I didnt like the idea of making a stock caliper stand out. I'm going to try something a little different. I'm painting the main caliper black and the outer bracket silver. If I dont like it there should be enough paint left over to paint them all black or all silver. I'll take some pics when its done.

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
well they dont have to stand out just look better than they do now...and i thought about a yellow just wasnt sure how it would look...maybe a silver or black...

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I still vote red, they just pop with any color..imo.

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the shitty pic, I got in hurry and didnt take any with the wheels off but you get the idea.
00C93AFF-E19A-4F72-BB46-9F2829975D5D-1229-00000098987E72D8.jpg

burkem

forum member
Reaction score
Heres my satin silver with red caliper covers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346708331482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346708331482.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 58

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I vote red. Classic sports car look that goes well on any color car. I used the Duplicolor brush on kind from American Muscle to do mine and it has held up well for over three years now. I do have to touch them up every now and then, but I do change my tires regularly for auto crossing, and I always seem to ding them while mounting the wheels. With the brush on style, the touch up is easy. Just make sure do prep the calipers good before painting.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/duplicolor-red-caliper-paint.html

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back