Cant post to Classified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
I'm trying to post some parts to the classified section, but it wont let me. Do I need a specific post count?

thanks

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes. Don't ask how many. No one will tell you. In fact, I don't know if anyone actually knows outside of "management".

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
guess you didn't read the classified rules sticky?

try again

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
I searched the thread, but it still seems a little cryptic to me with no specific answer. How many posts do I need for the privilege to place an ad on the classified? Or do I need to be a contributing member? I am not a bot or a troll selling parts on the side.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u try again?

Also, if you were bot or scammer, would you actually say you were? SRS

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
No, but guys that can't ready and smart off to stick.... Normally don't make it long here.

Smart off? You’re kidding, right? I don’t think I was really doing that. Just asking a question. And by “ready”, I’m guessing you mean, read? I did read the post. Maybe not every single word, but I skimmed it and didn’t see anything specific to what I’m asking.

Why such belligerence on here? Isn’t it just easier to answer a question than make a big deal out of it and just keep referring me to some other post? Is this really the best way to treat newer members?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Smart off? You’re kidding, right? I don’t think I was really doing that. Just asking a question. And by “ready”, I’m guessing you mean, read? I did read the post. Maybe not every single word, but I skimmed it and didn’t see anything specific to what I’m asking.

Why such belligerence on here? Isn’t it just easier to answer a question than make a big deal out of it and just keep referring me to some other post? Is this really the best way to treat newer members?
The culture of this board has always been straight, direct and blunt. If that's not your cup of tea this may not be the best spot for you.

the rules are clear if you read them, I'd suggest you read more carefully, you also seemed to skim my first response in this thread....

"try again" did you try to post in the classifieds..... post #4 says you did not.

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
You are demonstrating that you are not actually reading the rules. Then you are getting mad because people keep telling you to read the rules. That or you are an ignoramus.

Post# 2. Sentence# ALL OF THEM!!

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/n...eads-cant-post-in-here-read-this-first.61060/

Oh gee, thanks for the name calling, but this does not sound like a rule to me:

“Qualifications to be allowed to post in the classified section are not posted by intent. Don't ask, we won't tell.”

I’ve been on plenty of message board where specific rules are given. I’m not sure what the above refers to.

The culture of this board has always been straight, direct and blunt. If that's not your cup of tea this may not be the best spot for you.

the rules are clear if you read them, I'd suggest you read more carefully, you also seemed to skim my first response in this thread....

"try again" did you try to post in the classifieds..... post #4 says you did not.

Blunt, I can handle. Direct is not what I’m getting.

I tried to post, but the forum says I don’t have the right to and won’t let me. I’ll try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Oh gee, thanks for the name calling, but this does not sound like a rule to me:

“Qualifications to be allowed to post in the classified section are not posted by intent. Don't ask, we won't tell.”

I’ve been on plenty of message board where specific rules are given. I’m not sure what the above refers to.

Read yes, you got me on a typo. Think of it as fight club. 1st rule. You don't talk about fight club. If you want to post here, become a member that provides content. Not a bunch of post, questioning that which will not be answered. If you would like to continue this act of pestering the mods, I would invest in a fire suit.

1xcx4x.jpg

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
Read yes, you got me on a typo. Think of it as fight club. 1st rule. You don't talk about fight club. If you want to post here, become a member that provides content. Not a bunch of post, questioning that which will not be answered. If you would like to continue this act of pestering the mods, I would invest in a fire suit.

View attachment 69529

I have posted content prior to this. Which is part of my confusion.

I’ll try again later, thanks.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I think that is very clear. While not a "rule" persay, clearly it's says we don't respond to what's needed to be allowed to post in the classified section, it was intentional to avoid "selling only" type members/scammers.

This thread has run it's course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back