Canton Powersteering Reservoir

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Done! About an hour's worth of work but the top hose was a pita to get off.

Last edited:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, those tanks look great. They've been on my list for a long time. May be time to pull the trigger...

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like them too and they go great with the Stef's oil seperator. I polished them alittle with some aluminum metal polish.

Time to go eat some turkey and drink some wine!

J

jbailer

Those do look nice, good job! I think just the coolant tank alone looks pretty good but it looks much better with both. -Joe

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, you guys are putting me over the top. I'm just going to have to get these.

Daaaaaavid...Wheeeere are youuuuuu????

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Came out this morning to a small p/s leak. Turns out the large fitting Canton installed was leaking. Had to remove the fitting, reapply teflon tape (being sure to remove all traces of original teflon tape so as not to introduce them into the pump or rack & pinion) and reinstall. I suggest those of you that have already installed your reservoirs to check yours for leaking where the large fitting screws into the aluminum 1/2" NPT bung on the side of the tank. If you haven't installed your tank yet, might want to check the fitting for being loose.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My fitting was loose before I installed it. I checked for leaks today and everything seems to be fine.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
My fitting was loose before I installed it. I checked for leaks today and everything seems to be fine.

My own fault. I should have checked the fitting as well. I "assumed" because it had teflon tape on it, that it had been tightened prior to being shipped. Did your fitting screw all the way in until there were no more threads exposed? Mine did. I put several wraps of teflon tape on it hoping it wouldn't leak. So far, so good.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ill make sure to check my fittings now as well. thanks for the heads up

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back