Car stalling out

Black3vGT

Reaction score
Hey guys hoping you help me with a problem I'm having with my 06 gt. First time this happened I was driving home(about 10-15min drive) came around the corner, hit the gas the car hesitated and then stalled out. Since I had the battery disconnected while working on ac system I thought maybe the throttle body was dirty or maybe I simply didn't tighten the battery enough so tighten battery, cleaned tb, and changed fuel filter and thought I fixed it. Short drives and it was fine but first time I drove it for more then 10min it stalls out again. It did finally throw a P0191 fuel pressure sensor error code. So next I went changed the fuel pump out it is the original 05 one. Change it out start it up and let it idle for about 15min and same thing, it starts with a noticeable drop in rpm and then it eventually just stalls out.

Can anyone point me in the direction on where to look next? I guess I'll change out the sensor but I'm not optimistic on that.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
How much fuel's in the tank? Have you checked fuel pressure? Fuel pump?

john knox

Reaction score
Hey guys hoping you help me with a problem I'm having with my 06 gt. First time this happened I was driving home(about 10-15min drive) came around the corner, hit the gas the car hesitated and then stalled out. Since I had the battery disconnected while working on ac system I thought maybe the throttle body was dirty or maybe I simply didn't tighten the battery enough so tighten battery, cleaned tb, and changed fuel filter and thought I fixed it. Short drives and it was fine but first time I drove it for more then 10min it stalls out again. It did finally throw a P0191 fuel pressure sensor error code. So next I went changed the fuel pump out it is the original 05 one. Change it out start it up and let it idle for about 15min and same thing, it starts with a noticeable drop in rpm and then it eventually just stalls out.

Can anyone point me in the direction on where to look next? I guess I'll change out the sensor but I'm not optimistic on that.
i had the samething happen to my 06 gt,
i replaced fp,fps fpdm . started rite up ran great,took it for a drive was ok for 3 years then it started acting lick it had bad fp again. so i did all stuff again this time it didnt start run for more than 5 min sometime week. long story short it need a computer see pic.
check your tps, kinda act the same it will drop out sig run really weird.then be okIMG_0012.JPG
https://forscan.org

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Similar thing happened on my wifes old Fusion some years back. Would stall out then restart and be fine. Turned out the Fuel Rail Pressure sensor was intermittently flaking out. Replaced and done. Was fine until it was rear ended and totaled out.

This is a 'low hanging fruit' probability meaning it is easy to get to. The FRPS provides the feedback for the Fuel pump modulation via the FPDM. Id agree to trust the code in this case. You would likely have another code if the pump was not generating pressure to satisfy the FRPS.

Black3vGT

Reaction score
Update, I changed out the FRPS sensor even though I'm pretty sure I changed it out few years ago, drove it around the block once with no issues, did it again yesterday same thing again, got to red light and it just stalls out and shuts off.

No codes this time
Forgot to mention I also changed out the TPS
Haven't checked fuel pressure, don't have a gauge.
I've replaced the FPDM few years back

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back