Car won't run no spark ?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
from what i see , the timing isnt off . comp is a little low but cylinders are prolly a little washed down due to excessive cranking with no start. i also am wondering if you ever checked for voltage at the coil ? also have you tried to rotate the engine by hand to see how it feels ? you may also try to remove the plugs and rotate it by hand , then it should be really free with just drag from the rings but with no compression.

SiriusB0neR

forum member
Reaction score
I get a back small fire when trying to crank, or I will try to start and the starter will dis engage.
But with plugs out it turns freely then there's a spot where it binds up. I'm a big farm boy and it takes all my might to get it past that one spot.

So worst case we confirm timing, remove heads and pull oil pan to double check everything.
2 weeks of the car being down is well worth a piece of mind.
Just woundering how nice ModMax will be in the bottom end has a issue.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
can you take a lit pic straight down into the timing cover above each cam phaser and post it up ?

i wonder if somehow the crank trigger wheel got damaged ? that could explain both scenarios

Last edited by a moderator:

SiriusB0neR

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna pull the front cover
I got to much invested in this motor

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
I think we are beating our heads on this. It could be that the reason it isn't starting is that the power generated on cranking isn't greater than the friction requires.

Being a farm boy and having a tough time turning it indicates an internal problem. Pulling the front cover will help. Let not beat our heads over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiriusB0neR

forum member
Reaction score
Guess it doesn't hurt to double check everything

1349304254.jpg

SiriusB0neR

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry October is my busy part of the year for doing security work.

Pretty much dropped the motor off at MODMAX on tuesday, spoke with the owner who said he was very sorry that this should of never happened on a motor with only 408miles. and making shy over 700rwhp. Monday i'll give them a call hopefully for a update.

Selfnote took my sis minivan 30mpg hahahaha
1350611126.jpg

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ LOL. That's classic. Can't say I haven't done the same. But I at least borrowed my moms minivan. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Sorry October is my busy part of the year for doing security work.

Pretty much dropped the motor off at MODMAX on tuesday, spoke with the owner who said he was very sorry that this should of never happened on a motor with only 408miles. and making shy over 700rwhp. Monday i'll give them a call hopefully for a update.

Selfnote took my sis minivan 30mpg hahahaha
1350611126.jpg

Always wondered what it would be like to have a 3v in a minivan!

SiriusB0neR

forum member
Reaction score
So little update after calling mod max 4times today i got a answer, it was the bottom end is fine no heat/bluish mark.

I was great so whats wrong

Adam from MODMAX says he stopped working on it because something else came up, seriously i pay u 7k for a months and u can't find out whats wrong with it. You've have 5 business days with it

Needless to say balls in there court

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back