Carbyote = bad@$$!

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Idk that he said why. But he was working with megasquirt to try and keep the cam timing control.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Ehh... all that technology with a carb slapped on it, I can't dig it.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
From what im reading on youtube's comment section, it looks like they are going try to spin it over 8100rpm.

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I recently saw someone over on yellow bullet saying they were going to be doing a carbed coyote.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
carbs still have a place in racing IMO. they can be tuned to run pretty damn good even though the idea of blowing air over a hole to dispense fuel is well over 100 years old.

though money is obviously not a question with this setup, I do keep a Jegs mag next to the john and every now and then I wonder how much faster I would be today if I ran a motor with a carbed setup. you can buy an intake/carb/distributer setup for the price of one part on a 3v motor and make basically the same power LOL.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
And the ecu can't dig that!! Lol

Wouldn't the stand alone take care of any ecu hard limits?

It's obvious there is some money invested in this project. I'm just being the why? guy today. I can see tuning it for wot with a distributor and carb. I also understand that not everything is going to make sense in the hot rod world. What I don't get is why spend all that money for something that probably won't make any more power than the stock setup. Maybe it's to conform to a rulebook?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really don't think 8000 is that high for that size motor. I turn my 572 to 7600 all the time. My limiter is set to 8000. And I have a 4.500 stroke.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
For a race car there's not much of a difference between carbed and EFI from a performance standpoint. Meaning they will make the same peak power. The big difference is in driveability for everyday driving.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Ehh... all that technology with a carb slapped on it, I can't dig it.

That just seems funny to me coming from a guy with a manual-trans, live-axle car. :crazy:

And what technology are you talking about? The poppet valve technology that has been around since the 1700s, or the Otto cycle engine which has been around since the 1800s? Big deal cams move around and the intake port designs have terabytes of testing data behind them; they're just improvements to a (technologically) ancient concept.

Let's see what it can do. A carb will support a lot of power. Hopefully it has a magneto too... 19th century tech ftw.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah because all that improved technology is lessened because the ideas are old.
Pft, 300+ Mph landspeed ain't shit, the wheel has been around forever lol

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back