CHE LCA people

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
How many of you running CHE LCAs with the poly/delrin bushings that are squeak-free get squeaks anyway? I started to get noise, more like a creak sound, about a month maybe month and a half ago so I called CHE. They told me to squirt a little WD-40 on the bushings and it should clear up and it did until yesterday. Anybody else have the same issues. I'm going to drop the LCAs and slap some marine grade grease on there in hopes that it clears up. But after that should I be looking at other areas? The sound is coming right from where the driver's side LCA mounts to the body. It shouldn't be the mount itself since I don't race or launch hard too often.

Thanks for any input.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How many of you running CHE LCAs with the poly/delrin bushings that are squeak-free get squeaks anyway?
I don't get squeaks, but I have to say my setup is rather stiff, so it doesn't move much either...

That said - the poly bushings want a silicone based lubricant, so you don't break down the bushing material over time...

They do flex normally, but make sure they aren't moving around on the bolt which would mean they are not tight enough. Check for damage to the crush collar in the center of the bushing when you drop them to see if things are moving around in there - they should not - the crush sleeve should be pressed to the mount point on the body and should not move if torqued correctly/adequately...

Last edited:

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't have the CHE lowers but have the BMR's. Be sure that they are torqued to the proper spec. Mine are 129 ft lbs. I checked them yesterday and added some more prothane poly grease and got about half a turn until torqued to spec and they were thristy for more lube. BTW they have never made any noise.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs. I swear I'm soo sick of mods turning on me.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don when I installed the LCA's my instruction sheet said 75 also. I was checking out their website (BMR) and noticed that it said 129 ft lbs. I would retorque to those specs.

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Torque specs are 129.

after installing mine, there was a squeaking noise coming of the driver side. I was about to remove it to add more grease when I found the source of the noise. The Tab on the nut that serves as a stop against the rear end, was against the swaybar instead. Loosened the LCA, and tightened making sure the tab was against the rear end.

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Torque specs are 129.

after installing mine, there was a squeaking noise coming of the driver side. I was about to remove it to add more grease when I found the source of the noise. The Tab on the nut that serves as a stop against the rear end, was against the swaybar instead. Loosened the LCA, and tightened making sure the tab was against the rear end.

Mine was the same way. No other noise at all.

BTW, I had a hard time getting to 129 on jack stands.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Don when I installed the LCA's my instruction sheet said 75 also. I was checking out their website (BMR) and noticed that it said 129 ft lbs. I would retorque to those specs.
Thanks for the heads up. My car is at ST Motorsports for a torque converter swap, and they are also going to weld in the Steeda LCA relo brackets. I'm sure they'll torque it correctly when the put the LCA back in. But, since I plan on playing with the adjustment to dial in the suspension for launches, I'll be sure to put them at 129 whenever I loosen them.

Mine was the same way. No other noise at all.

BTW, I had a hard time getting to 129 on jack stands.
Fortunately, my "big" torque wrench (100-250 lb-ft) is really long... it helps with leverage.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back