Team Z and Steeda Parts Installed

massacre

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2006 v6 that we bought new in Oct ‘05. Daily drove it year round for almost 10yr.
Have been chasing suspension noises for a while now.
A few years ago I replaced the front LCAs with the FRPP GT500 LCAs, new steering rack, front swaybar endlinks, inner and outer tie rods. Also did Koni struts and shocks, replaced rear LCAs and UCA with SR non adjustable pieces. It rode great for a while but ended up degrading after a while until it was getting pretty bad.
Jacked up the car numerous times, found nothing. Brought to alignment shop, they found nothing. I was perplexed.

Decided to just get some cheap stock stuff since I suspected the strut mounts were bad. Installed new complete front struts and that took care of the front, no more banging over bumps, etc.
But I was getting a lot of noise from the rear, and the rear shocks helped quiet it down enough so I could find the real problem: blown out rear UCA bushing, on the chassis side, not the housing side. It finally let go enough so I could see the bushing broken/split and that clear/white grease coming out.

Car has 8.8 rearend so I ordered up the double adjustable Team Z LCAs and UCA. Also decided to install Steeda spherical bushing at the housing. I should have replaced the UCA bracket too, but I had just filled the gas tank and not sure how long those gas tank strap bolts are lol. I did I think 10 turns on each one and then decided against it. We don’t drive the car in the winter so it will be OK until spring.

Removal of the stock bushing in the housing sucked as I did this on my back on jackstands. Damn I miss having a lift to use. Was able to get the old one out, and pressed in the Steeda spherical housing bushing. It went in real nice and seems to be a quality piece.
Team Z UCA went in no problem, same with the LCAs. Torquing everything was a huge PITA because car was on stands, did every one of them one click of the torque wrench at a time.
Set pinion angle, and since the car didn’t come with a rear sway bar, I added one. Just stock bar, nothing fancy.
Took it out for road test and all I can say is WOW.
Drives better than when I drove it off the lot. No more banging over bumps, I mean it has some NVH which I suspected since they are race car parts, but everything is nice and tight car handles like a dream now.

Really happy I did this, so nice to drive my Mustang and actually enjoy it! Been a while since that has been the case.
I know, no pics. Sorry but greasy hands and cell phone don’t mix. I’m sure you guys have seen it all before anyways these cars over 10yrs old at this point.

Anyways I just wanted to say that my initial response to these parts is great! Installed smoothly and working as described.

Thanks for reading!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Good deal & glad you got the 'stang riding smooth again. Over time, when bushings harden, they can cause various suspension woes. Still wouldn't mind some pix, tho...got to show-off all your effort. :D

massacre

Reaction score
I’ll get some pics soon.
Installed Team Z double adjustable panhard bar with spherical ends the other day. Huge improvement the rear is super tight now. It was the original PHB though it was really worn and I had to cut it out of the car on pass side. Bolt was frozen to steel bushing. Luckily I had an old UCA bolt I saved to put the car back together.
Ordered new rear UCA bracket as well, but will prob install that in the spring.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back