CHE Suspension Installation

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BTW, Huh what are AR's...not to sound too stupid? Whats Peter's name on the forums?

You mean Drag Radials?

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S197 GT,

Did you ever get that swaybar problem fixed? My car was built in November of 05. It's also a vert so I hope there are no problems with mine. Any of yall out there installed anti squats on a vert?

Nope, I talked to both Mike at Powerhouse and Chuck at CHE and they both said it's no big deal. Mike said that you could take off the sway bar and try to open it up a little bit, but I decided to leave it be...

It hasn't created any problems.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope, I talked to both Mike at Powerhouse and Chuck at CHE and they both said it's no big deal. Mike said that you could take off the sway bar and try to open it up a little bit, but I decided to leave it be...

It hasn't created any problems.

Thats good. So what about going with a bigger swaybar like in the FRPP kit, is it going to hit and touch up with the brackets pretty bad?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats good. So what about going with a bigger swaybar like in the FRPP kit, is it going to hit and touch up with the brackets pretty bad?

That's the only reason I haven't gone with a beefier sway bar yet...I'm still on stock sway bars.

I think that 94tbird has the FRPP Sway Bars with his Anti Squats, and I remember him saying that his made contact as well.

My pics above show that I have little-to-no clearance with my stockers.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got some more questions...

After installing my CHE parts, am I going to need to adjust the pinion angle? I have an adj. UCA...

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Got some more questions...

After installing my CHE parts, am I going to need to adjust the pinion angle? I have an adj. UCA...

yes, and you will have to adjust the Panhard bar if you've lowered the car to get the rear end centered.

AR= American Racing headers.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes, and you will have to adjust the Panhard bar if you've lowered the car to get the rear end centered.

AR= American Racing headers.

Oooo!!! Peter has a set of used ARH's!!! Whats his forum name so I can contact him.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just got all of my CHE parts in just a little while ago and am going over everything. I'm a little nervous right now on getting all of it installed, but everything should go fine.

I have a question on the Anti Squat Brackets though. It says it's suppose to come with the following.

-2 Anti Squat Brackets
-2 M14 Locknuts
-2 Crush Sleeves
-4 14mm Washers
-1 1/2" Locknut
-2 M14x110mm Bolts
-1 1/2" x 1" Flange Bolt

I'm missing 2 washers though and on the two washers I have they are different? Whats up with this, of course I'ma need to get 2 14mm washers but can I just run to my hardware store and get them? Or should I get them through CHE? I have 1 washer that fits fine and the other is smaller, and doesn't fit around the bolts and is not needed I guess, so thats actually 3 14mm washers I'll need. Could someone chime in on this for me please and help me out?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, was the design on the Anti Squat brackets changed on the driver side bracket? Mine is different from all the others I've seen. Where the sticker should be on the driver side bracket it is not straight but is curved inward toward where the LCA's would be....

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, was the design on the Anti Squat brackets changed on the driver side bracket? Mine is different from all the others I've seen. Where the sticker should be on the driver side bracket it is not straight but is curved inward toward where the LCA's would be....
have any pics?

Depending on the part you are talking about, I might have some pics of mine handy - but best to get an apples-apples pic for comparison...

As for the washers - I'd rough in the assembly and see what's missing - I just put it on the floor loosely put all the bolts/nuts/washers in place to make sure I had everything (I did)...

Anything you don't have - particularly washers - you can just go grab at ace/home-depot. My local ACE has a better selection of bolts/nuts/washers in general and particularly of stainless parts for under the car than HD which is more geared toward building houses/buildings... You're mileage may vary, but there's nothing magic about the washers...

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
have any pics?

Depending on the part you are talking about, I might have some pics of mine handy - but best to get an apples-apples pic for comparison...

As for the washers - I'd rough in the assembly and see what's missing - I just put it on the floor loosely put all the bolts/nuts/washers in place to make sure I had everything (I did)...

Anything you don't have - particularly washers - you can just go grab at ace/home-depot. My local ACE has a better selection of bolts/nuts/washers in general and particularly of stainless parts for under the car than HD which is more geared toward building houses/buildings... You're mileage may vary, but there's nothing magic about the washers...

Yeah, thats ironic bro. I went to my local hardware stores and Wal-Mart and couldn't come up with anything. CHE is gonna send me some though. It's just a simple washer and I couldn't come up with a 14mm washer, o well. I'll go take some pics of the brackets and show you...If I can get my damn Kodak working!!!

- Justin

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BTW, the CHE parts are all top notch and straight up perfect!!! I just ordered my spydershaft today and can't wait to install everything next week. I truly recommend CHE products on their finish and as I already have LCA's and UCA fitment is perfrect too!!!

Got another question though. I've heard of people having problems with tubular LCA's with the anti squat brackets, with the lca's being to short or something. Any of yall had that problem? Should I move up to some adj. LCA's or should I be fine? I'm still just a little nervous and want everything to come out perfect!!

- Justin

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In what order do yall recommend installing the CHE components? Pretty much would it be better to do the anti squats first or after the panhard bar/brace?

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
In what order do yall recommend installing the CHE components? Pretty much would it be better to do the anti squats first or after the panhard bar/brace?

I gutted mine. Got the chassis up on stands, then got a pair of jacks under the axle (under the diff cover, and under the pinion snout), and went to town ripping out parts. Once all the old stuff was out (and having the axle dropped way down does help with getting at the UCA), I started at the top and put the new goodies in... UCA, LCA brackets, springs, LCAs, swaybar...

When pull your LCAs, pull one side first, get the parking brake cable out and reattach it to the rear caliper, THEN pull the other side. I pulled both at the same time, and had to play games to get the cables reattached.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back