I had to delete the big chrome pony..

52209-3-1.jpg

52209-2-1.jpg

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Made it from what? It looks pretty slick! :beerdrink:

I had the same idea saturday, but my idea was waaaay cheaper and it proly would look like I paid $4 for it when it's on the car.. lol.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I made it from 2 stock grilles, I hand cut the pony out and cut a peice from the second grille to fit then using a high temp soldering iron I melted the peices in place trimmed and smoothed the joints and done. I Photo shopped the GT 350 logo in the first two pics to see what it would look like.

I know what you mean by the $4 look, I still have a few ripples to get out, the stock grille has a hump in the center and I had to heat the center peice up and bend it. I twisted one honey comb shape.

Here is a shot with the Emblem I just got in the mail.

Grille004.jpg

Grille003.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nice Scott, original for sure!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I made it from 2 stock grilles, I hand cut the pony out and cut a peice from the second grille to fit then using a high temp sodering iron I melted the peices in place trimmed and smoothed the joints and done. I Photo shopped the GT 350 logo in to see what it would look like.

I know what you mean by the $4 look, I still have a few ripples to get out, the stock grille has a hump in the center and I had to heat the center peice up and bend it. I twisted one honey comb shape.

Here is a shot with the badging.

For photo shopping the emblem on there it looks pretty clean, and the grille itself doesn't look bad at all. :beerdrink: You should make these and sell them. I'm sure you'd have a market. I know I sure is hell hate the big, unmatching, fake chrome plated looking pony in the center. In that sense I think the 2010 pony won that battle. :thud:

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For photo shopping the emblem on there it looks pretty clean, and the grille itself doesn't look bad at all. :beerdrink: You should make these and sell them. I'm sure you'd have a market. I know I sure is hell hate the big, unmatching, fake chrome plated looking pony in the center. In that sense I think the 2010 pony won that battle. :thud:

The First 2 pictures the emblem is photo shopped, I just got the GT350 emblem in and the other pictures are all real,

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
now you should start work on making the lower grill have openings in it and make a how to for the rest of up

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice work Scott! I would have you make me one as well, but I think I am going for the fog delete look. Great work though!

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Laura !! the no Fog light design would look great on your car !!

Here is the look I was going after

Ken_Gross_1967_GT-350.jpg

3-1967-shelby-gt-350-eleanor-for-sale-hood.jpg

001.jpg

02FA9280462859H.jpeg

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dang, you matched it perfectly! Again, great job!! You coming to MIR on Sunday? A few of us are heading to the T&T.......you should join us!

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Not a single word about the cobra badges...really...?
Looks nice

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a single word about the cobra badges...really...?
Looks nice

I already went down that road with people and Since Ford or Shelby NEVER Made a 2005 - 2010 GT 350 It's ok to do a tribute car, again My story.....

I remember when my uncle came back from Vietnam and his 1967 Mustang GT 350 was sitting in the garage waiting for him to come home, I would sit and stare at the car all the time, ( i was 8) but I loved that car, The day he came home in 1972, I helped him clean the car and got to ride around the town in the front seat just proud as any 10 year old could be.

My Car is my tribute to my uncle's car, He is a great American Hero to me. and still is.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got to meet up with Scott tonight at the local mustang club meet. The grille is a very nice piece, and he's not even done with it yet. Here are some more pics...used the wifes digital slr.

scott1.jpg

scott2.jpg

scott3.jpg

scott4.jpg

scott5.jpg

scott6.jpg

scott7.jpg

scott8.jpg

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
I already went down that road with people and Since Ford or Shelby NEVER Made a 2005 - 2010 GT 350 It's ok to do a tribute car, again My story.....

I remember when my uncle came back from Vietnam and his 1967 Mustang GT 350 was sitting in the garage waiting for him to come home, I would sit and stare at the car all the time, ( i was 8) but I loved that car, The day he came home in 1972, I helped him clean the car and got to ride around the town in the front seat just proud as any 10 year old could be.

My Car is my tribute to my uncle's car, He is a great American Hero to me. and still is.[/quote]

rightous statement toward your uncle. great job on the grill!!!

Back