Foglight delete/pony delete grille ?

richie9mt

Reaction score
I had originally seen a car like the one I bought in our local library parking lot. I liked the pastel lime green color, the 6 cyl and auto, the glass rear quarter windows. Interior color was OK, the everything-is-electric was OK, but the wheels were wrong. They were the 5-spoke but the ones that looked like an erector set. The rear spoiler didn't do anything for me.

I found what I wanted on the Net (pic below) with the wheels I wanted. And windows, and engine & trans. I bought it and had it shipped from Indiana to western New York State. Kentucky car, 88K, pretty much rust free. Undercarriage has only wipe-off rust stains. My gripes are all personal preference; nothing mechanically wrong. Yet.

It's my third mid-life crisis buy (maybe fourth) and I'm way too old for something that even I admit is a 'college girl' ride. But I really like the profile. :)

2006 mustang.jpg

richie9mt

Reaction score
I like the uncluttered look of your 'Bullitt' style grille. I'm guessing the 'Premium' option is the same front bumper cover as the GT option. Won't fit my V6 base model, although mine does seem to have some other options not standard on the base...

The horizontal grille bars don't look as bad as I thought they might...I may see if I can find a black horizontal grille that fits the V6...Without all the chrome & glitz... :)

Jesusv

Reaction score
I like the uncluttered look of your 'Bullitt' style grille. I'm guessing the 'Premium' option is the same front bumper cover as the GT option. Won't fit my V6 base model, although mine does seem to have some other options not standard on the base...

The horizontal grille bars don't look as bad as I thought they might...I may see if I can find a black horizontal grille that fits the V6...Without all the chrome & glitz... :)

Mine is just a 05 v6 with the premium package, not a pony package, it's the same bumper as all v6's. I added the lower front lip too. This similar to the one I got for mine. Check this out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/364109193145?hash=item54c6995fb9:g:SeUAAOSwnHRjwOR2&_trksid=p5731.m3795

richie9mt

Reaction score
Mine is just a 05 v6 with the premium package, not a pony package, ...

Hmmm...The ad says "Will Fit Models With Pony Package Only"...

How would I tell if I had the 'Pony Package'??? There's no description of a 'Pony Package' in the 2006 Mustang brochure...

JimC

Reaction score
The Pony Package had the grille with small fogs like your picture at the start of the thread and a side stripe saying Mustang. The stripe had a large middle stripe with a pinstripe on either side running along the lower part of the door from back of the front tire to front of the rear tire

So it appears you have a pony package car

The Pony Package was introduced late in the 2006 model year, so if you don't see it in the brochure you are probably looking at an early 2006 brochure. The 2006 model year was the best for the Pony Package. You got the TCS standard as I recall, front and rear GT size sway bars, and other GT suspension components as part of the package. In 2007 it was more of an appearance package and you couldn't get all of the upgraded suspension from the factory.

Still had the weak 7.5" rear end though.

Last edited:

richie9mt

Reaction score
The Pony Package had the grille with small fogs like your picture at the start of the thread and a side stripe saying Mustang. The stripe had a large middle stripe with a pinstripe on either side running along the lower part of the door from back of the front tire to front of the rear tire

So it appears you have a pony package car

Rats. That pic is my car, small fogs, stripe and all. Hmph! For $88 and free shipping I would have gone for it. :(

Jesusv

Reaction score
Rats. That pic is my car, small fogs, stripe and all. Hmph! For $88 and free shipping I would have gone for it. :(

I'm sorry, my 05 does have the pony package, but the grill with the lights on the pony package were introduced in 06 I think. Mine didn't have the grill with the lights, just the updated components and the side stripes.

I believe that the opening of the grill inserts on the V6's are the same regardless of the package, its the GT grill that would need modification to fit on a v6. Pony package only added the lights to the grill, it's the same opening and should fit since it's the basically the same bumper.

richie9mt

Reaction score
They are talking about interchanging the pony grill and according to them, they are plug and play for fit on the v6 from 05-09

Thanks for the tips! ;)

I found a couple sites listing the 'Pony Package' specs and my car has all of them. So I'm thinking of using part of my tax refund on this grille package. The seller [GT Racers ?] is out of town until Monday, I have an Ebay email in to him, just a Hi There email to see if he's an amiable seller or a jerkoff. I bought a UConn sweatshirt from Fanatics.com via Ebay for Xmas; took over a month to ship (missed Xmas) and Fanatics never replied to my emails. Good quality sweat, but that was the first and last time I'll buy from Fanatics. < /rant >

JimC

Reaction score
The V6 grilles from 2005 to 2009 are all interchangeable. There is no difference in the various V6 packages.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back