CJ intake

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running this? If so what kind of gains have you gotten and how does it stand up against the stock and Boss IM?

nvm, did a little research (which I shoulda done first, just being lazy) fordracinpartsdirect.com is selling preorders which won't even ship until Sept... for anyone wondering

I figure best case, 1000 for intake, 700 for TB, another 300 or so for airbox and tubes... gonna get really expensive really quick

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/COBRA_JET_5_0L_4V_INTAKE_MANIFOLD_p/m-9424-m50cj.htm

this is the one I saw

Last edited by a moderator:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered this a couple weeks ago from Tousley, mid Sep is what they told me also. Remember, only a fool pays the MSRP you see on the Ford Racing site, you can buy for much less.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Nice looking intake. I will definitely be interested in this come fall upon its release since it repairs the low end torque loss of the Boss 302 setup. The downside is that it uses the oval TB design and my CAI, nor my stock air box will work with it..

I'll be awaiting results from kdanner

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
So an update on this intake. I talked to the guys from Ford Racing yesterday at the AM car show and they told me that the CJ intake is good for 25 HP OVER BOSS INTAKE!! I figured it would have been single digits... silly me lol. they had a red candy 5.0 with the CJ motor in it at the show, they started it up and it seemed surprisingly tame, and they said it is still driveable on the street!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So an update on this intake. I talked to the guys from Ford Racing yesterday at the AM car show and they told me that the CJ intake is good for 25 HP OVER BOSS INTAKE!! I figured it would have been single digits... silly me lol. they had a red candy 5.0 with the CJ motor in it at the show, they started it up and it seemed surprisingly tame, and they said it is still driveable on the street!!

Then it must make 25hp over it for sure bc they said so yay!....

101fng

forum member
Reaction score
i think his take on it is that they were giving you the sales pitch. 25hp over an already decent intake manifold is a little excessive and probably a complete lie. then again, why claim that their product is better than another one of their products? seems like they'd be canabalizing the shit out of their boss intake mani sales, but then again, that sales pitch seems directed at the fools that already have an intake mani and don't minding spending the extra money for a second intake mani.

vernogt

Reaction score
i think his take on it is that they were giving you the sales pitch. 25hp over an already decent intake manifold is a little excessive and probably a complete lie. then again, why claim that their product is better than another one of their products? seems like they'd be canabalizing the shit out of their boss intake mani sales, but then again, that sales pitch seems directed at the fools that already have an intake mani and don't minding spending the extra money for a second intake mani.
Totally agree. I would stick with the Boss intake and call it a day. It's tried and true and about $250 less even not paying MSRP!

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

Eh? Unless you have tested and have concrete results, why would you come into this thread puking a load of BS? You don't own a 5.0 so what difference does it make to you?

For this intake to work to it's full potential, you better be running the CJ cams, Boss heads, etc. This isn't a mod for the masses but you wouldn't know about that now would you? :tdown:

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
I get what y'all are saying and I'm definitely keeping my boss IM until something is proven and it better be pretty significant for me to change... It's possible, an outside chance I understand, that what he said could be legitimate, I mean look at all the hype around the GT500 and everyone was calling BS, but it performed every bit as well as Fore said it would, and look at how well both the GT and Boss have performed in recent years, could be truth.

Go ahead and let the flaming continue

101fng

forum member
Reaction score
Eh? Unless you have tested and have concrete results, why would you come into this thread puking a load of BS? You don't own a 5.0 so what difference does it make to you?

For this intake to work to it's full potential, you better be running the CJ cams, Boss heads, etc. This isn't a mod for the masses but you wouldn't know about that now would you? :tdown:

Who said anything about cams and boss heads?? I was talking about the intake manifold as the only change. 25hp OVER the boss intake sounds like a load of shit to me, sorry if you see that otherwise. Where did i say it wouldnt perform as advertised? And where's your proof that it does? But since I don't own a 5.0, I can't possibly have an opinion right? Wtf is your problem dude?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back