Cleaning Plasti-dip

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have started to plasit-dip stuff on their cars. I was wondering what you guys are doing to keep it clean. I recently did my wheels and the middle of my chin spoiler.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Just wash it with the rest of the car as normal. It's surprisingly strong. I have it on the lower part of my front number and have taken trips with it and nothing has happend. A few rock chips here and there. But nothing crazy.

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
Plasti-Dip does not like bug and tar remover though! Just a heads up. Went on a cruise with my local club, decided to clean up the bugs and it took off some dip I had on my billet grill.

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
So I have dirt stuck on my wheels now wont come off any suggestions?

Cover it with more plastidip lmao Honestly I did my stockers in plastidip and had to use a thick paint brush and soap and water to clean them. I tried a toothbrush once and ended up scrubbing off some plastidip. Just bought another can and sprayed them.,

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Yeah seem to be having a problem the dirt is either not coming off or there is residue left from it. I may end up trying a couple different things the paint brush or maybe just sit and scrub for an hour on a wheel and see what happens.

Also may try dish soap.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back