cleaning racestar wheels

onebadgsx

Reaction score
anyone know how to clean off the water spots from the aluim. racestar wheels. i bought some mother mag polish, no luck. also try just some mequire's quick detalier, no luck.

would a power ball work?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Not race stars but I've had very good luck with the mothers aluminum polish. Not really sure why you can't get it to take out a water stain. Maybe use a little more elbow gears? I will suggest that once you get them clean you put a coat of wax or something on them as I don't think they have any type of clear coat on them.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Do you know if Racestars are clear coated or bare polished metal? I guess I could ask the owner's daughter though. :naughty1:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
If they are bare aluminum I'd personally use the P21S Polishing soap I linked above. It's super easy to use. You just wet the sponge that comes with it and wipe it over the paste and clean the wheel with it. Then rinse it off.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Buy a small mothers powerball and a can of BlueMagic. Spread it on, and buff it off with the power ball. If some of the stains don't come out you can use some rubbing compound to remove them, then polish with the BlueMagic after. If the are really bad buy a bottle of Eagle-1 aluminum wheel etch. Spray it on and let it set for a minute or two and rinse very good. This will turn the wheel white. Then simply polish with the power ball and BlueMagic.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
So has anyone successfully removed the water stains on the racestars? I tried cleaning them today with no luck.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I am bumping this old thread to see if anyone else has some tips for polishing Race Stars. I picked up a used set last week, and I thought they'd clean up a lot better than this. Here's a few pics to show what I am up against:

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

I used some of this stuff, but it really didn't help that much. And I felt like I was using some pretty solid elbow grease in the porcess:

IMG_1315.jpg

Someone please help me!!!

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used this stuff from meguirs . It's pink and smells like cinnamon. Worked like a champ on my race stars and the HRE's I had.

That and mothers and micro fiber towels.

a4asusat.jpg

Last edited:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Buy a small mothers powerball and a can of BlueMagic. Spread it on, and buff it off with the power ball. If some of the stains don't come out you can use some rubbing compound to remove them, then polish with the BlueMagic after. If the are really bad buy a bottle of Eagle-1 aluminum wheel etch. Spray it on and let it set for a minute or two and rinse very good. This will turn the wheel white. Then simply polish with the power ball and BlueMagic.

+1 on the Blue Magic! Used on my old Draglites on my foxbody with the power cone and worked wonders!

Just dont sniff it too much... May get a little high cleaning some wheels haha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back