Clutch pedal sticking at high rpm shifts and clutch pedal "notchy"

Jgt58

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not asking a question but rather putting this information on the website hoping it will help someone down the road.

Ok so I have a 14 GT and just had the clutch changed. Changed to a Ford performance flywheel , ram clutch HDX , all Ford performance bolts , new oem slave cylinder , and stainless steel clutch line.

Got the car back from the mechanic and the pedal was super light and notchy. Thought it might be air in the line. I literally put the car up on jackstands for two days and bled over and over per Ford instructions. Pushed the clutch in literally 1000 times. It's not air.

Then when you drive the car the engagement point was all over the place. Unpredictable. I hated driving the car. Then the worst started happening. Clutch stuck to the floor at high rpm shifts.... Ughh.... I'm over it at this point. What was I missing. Laying in bed while the wife's asleep surfing forums thinking about what to try next ( I know you all have done the same thing , don't even lie [emoji1787]).

Everywhere I looked all pointed to the stock clutch return spring. I tried lubing the crap outta it thinking it was sticking. No dice. Ordered steeda return spring , installed , little better but still notchy. Finally I said F it.... And I popped the whole return spring assembly off and left it off....

That did the trick... Omg my yote is back! It feels like my old cable driven 96 svt cobra. Smooth , pressure , and predictable engagement. Omg I'm so happy. Been struggling with this for two weeks!!!!!

I hope that this helps later down the road for somebody else. Don't be afraid to run without the return spring!!!!!![emoji1780]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jgt58

Reaction score
The biggest thing was the notchy pedal. It was awful.

RavenGT

Reaction score
I just got the sticking pedal on high RPM shifts. Not fun in high speed traffic.

Jgt58

Reaction score
Well the coyote is fun again. And I can move onto other mods now.

Jgt58

Reaction score
Just fyi sometimes without the helper spring installed when I first get Into the car I have to pull up the pedal a bit. Just fyi

KonaMustangGT

Reaction score
As a precaution, you may want to take a close look at the clutch pedal itself, near the pivot. I found a crack in mine a few months ago. I had an inconsistent clutch pedal, occasionally sticking near the floor. The assist spring was making things worse since it's on the side of the pedal arm and ended deflecting it to the left.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back